Movie set as tv show in scraper ... how to manage
Hi folks,

I have a dvd, "Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles" that is not found in my movie folder. In facts in the online scraper this is considered a tv show (season 3), even if the other two chapters of that saga ("the padawan menace" and "the empire strikes out") are correctly set as movies and not tv shows.

I would like to see the third chapter in my movies, and not in my tv shows.

Any trick to do so?

thanks
Andrea
Should scrape in as an MTV movie using the universal scraper for IMDB, if the scraper doesn't find it use the "tt3014650" without the quotes manually in place of the name.
@PatK,
Scraping from IMDB for the Lego movie won't work as it is marked as a TV Show on IMDB. Universal scraper is Movies only.

@nesys
If you want it as a movie, then there are a few options, but they all require a bit of work...

1. If the other two episodes are listed as movies on TheMovieDB, then add this movie to the site also
2. Create your own NFO File. See link in My Signature below...
3. Add your collection as a TV Show instead as separate movies.
4. Scrape that episode as a TV Show, Export your library to get the NFO File, then edit the NFO File so it is movie compatible. Only 5 or 6 tags need to be changed. See My Signature for appropriate wiki page links.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-03-29, 05:00)Karellen Wrote: @PatK,
Scraping from IMDB for the Lego movie won't work as it is marked as a TV Show on IMDB. Universal scraper is Movies only.

@nesys
If you want it as a movie, then there are a few options, but they all require a bit of work...

1. If the other two episodes are listed as movies on TheMovieDB, then add this movie to the site also
2. Create your own NFO File. See link in My Signature below...
3. Add your collection as a TV Show instead as separate movies.
4. Scrape that episode as a TV Show, Export your library to get the NFO File, then edit the NFO File so it is movie compatible. Only 5 or 6 tags need to be changed. See My Signature for appropriate wiki page links.
Go for option 4.

It worked like a charm Smile thank you!!!!

Andrea
Short question:

I've exported in single files, that means I have a nfo for each movie I have. What happens when I'll add a new movie, then search for new content, then the new movie is in the db, but without a nfo. If I'll export again the library for any reason (eg. same previous issue, no movie in the list), all the nfo will be updated (so I'll lose all changes), or just added the new ones?

thanks
Andrea
@nesys

Great that you got it working.

The Import-Export function will always Export the most current data out of the database and into NFO Files. It is your NFO Files that will become old, while your database is current with all your playcounts, watched status and resume points, amongst other things. In most cases it is preferable to export your database and overwrite the old nfo files.

If you make changes to the NFO Files, but you don't scan those changes into the library, then yes they could be overwritten. But you have the option to "Do not overwrite existing" files. This is asked when you run the export. In this case it will just add new nfo files to those movies/tvshows/episodes that do not have one. If you have local artwork, do not export Artwork.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie set as tv show in scraper ... how to manage0