• 19(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod
(2019-06-15, 04:57)bennyhanna Wrote: I only way I have had any success with animated pngs [ (.apngs)< that's the extension they Need to have!]
is to manually go into the .xml where you want the artwork to display and change the texture background="true" to "false"
or "". and you Must do that everywhere you want the image to display.

Also all the .apngs need to be stored locally.
I have a thread <in Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs >for tvshow logo .apngs.

....Plus the same restrictions as animated .gifs apply (12-15 frames depending on dimensions and file size)
Nope. I never needed to do any of that. They just worked. I would use the "select animated poster" option and it would already have pre-loaded one or more PNG files which I could choose from. They are definitely animated PNG files with a PNG file extension.
@E net
You can use any of the free image hosting sites....imgur is one.
Hi @latts9923

Be great if you could implement the actress artwork add-on sometime into your skin similar to what the Aeon tajo skin has.

See here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342408pid=2843418#pid2843418

Many thanks
(2019-06-15, 14:06)latts9923 Wrote: @E net
You can use any of the free image hosting sites....imgur is one.

Yeah forgot about that Smile
Anyway here is one but looking at the file size, it looks too small. When I have a look inside it's just a single image unlike the GIF. But that might just be the way they are created. Fifth_Element-animatedposter.png
@melons2
I think I have a fix for the menu bars. I'll include it in the next update.

@Jumpy73
I'll take a look at all those.

@E net
I downloaded the image you provided, but I don't see any animation.
(2019-06-16, 15:27)latts9923 Wrote: @melons2

@Jumpy73

@E net
Hi @latts9923 
the request for the watched flag is old and you already found a solution for that. It was based on the modification of the xml file IncludesMenuWidgets.xml, no more apparently available in the list of files now used by the skin

Regarding media icons, I did some trials and then the results as follow:
     + 3rd icon (movie set) --> it appears shortly and then disappears, "..." stay empty for the rest of time. It happens only when a movie collection is selected. As per audio/subtitle flags, is it possibile to collapse the field if no info is available instead of "..." icon?
     + 5th and 6th (SDR/HDR, 8bits/10bits) --> If I install the colored version of media icons, 5th and 6th fields magically appear. The problem seems to be joined to the use of default white media icon set.

Good Sunday

@Jumpy73

@E net
Yeah I know. That's weird because they were working before. Maybe what has happened is that the animated posters were in my Kodi cache. I exported my library and these were downloaded. Thanks for looking.
(2019-06-16, 19:51)E net Wrote:

@Jumpy73

@E net
Yeah I know. That's weird because they were working before. Maybe what has happened is that the animated posters were in my Kodi cache. I exported my library and these were downloaded. Thanks for looking. 
Something is missing in the MQ8 Multi Mod, when you convert to MQ7 multi Mod the animated posters work fine.
(2019-06-16, 20:15)SteveSmith Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 19:51)E net Wrote:

@Jumpy73

@E net
Something is missing in the MQ8 Multi Mod, when you convert to MQ7 multi Mod the animated posters work fine. 
Agreed. It seems to have stopped working from around Update 3?
(2019-06-16, 20:33)E net Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 20:15)SteveSmith Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 19:51)E net Wrote: Yeah I know. That's weird because they were working before. Maybe what has happened is that the animated posters were in my Kodi cache. I exported my library and these were downloaded. Thanks for looking.  

Hello everyone, honestly it doesn't work, even without updates.
(2019-06-16, 21:56)allpro Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 20:33)E net Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 20:15)SteveSmith Wrote: Something is missing in the MQ8 Multi Mod, when you convert to MQ7 multi Mod the animated posters work fine.  

Hello everyone, honestly it doesn't work, even without updates.  
If you have read what I previously posted you will have noted that it did work for me, then it stopped. I assume that it is not an MQ8 issue because it was working before. So it is either a general Kodi issue or a particular issue to this Mod. The PNG files exported from my library don't seem to be the right ones so that's a little confusing. But it was working! All I needed to do was select animated art and the animated posters would appear in the Kodi window. Now all I get is a blank window and browse option so I have to install animated posters manually.
Hi @latts9923 

I've been wanting to show you this for a while but I couldn't figure out what was happening.  This Case corruption picture shows what happens when I use clear case for certain files. I thought it was only WebTV movies but I've just found a BluRay one doing the same. It's weird because there doesn't seem to be any common cause. Some files are on my NFS NAS Others are on a USB drive connected to the same NFS NAS. Once a file is affected it always is no matter where it is stored.

Thanks.
@Jumpy73
OK...I'll take a look.

@SteveSmith
@E net
@allpro
I'll take another look at the animated posters.

@E net
That's odd with the case image...I've never seen that before.
(2019-06-17, 13:25)latts9923 Wrote: @Jumpy73
OK...I'll take a look.

@SteveSmith
@E net
@allpro

@E net
That's odd with the case image...I've never seen that before.
@latts9923 
It seems you have to add them manually now, You have to go in via Context Menu, then select Animated Art, then scroll to where you have it stored locally and select the .gif
Once you have done that, the Animated poster shows up..

It used to add them automaticlly, not sure if that was Skin Helper service doing that, or Artwork Beef but that side doesnt work..
Would you know how they can be added so if you are running a database any changes on 1 machine will refelect across all kodi macines,
Currently I have 3 different Kodi boxes in different rooms, and if I make a change to an animated poster on one box, it doesnt show on the other 2.. I really dont want to have to manipulate the same movie on 3 machines.
(2019-06-17, 13:25)latts9923 Wrote: @allpro

Thanks

it becomes impossible to manually select 100 animated gifs ... and anyway the folder is empty, starting from a clean installation.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod10