• 72(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod
(2020-07-03, 11:36)RB0135 Wrote: Hi All,

Using MQ8 with the mod.. Seems fantastic, but for one little interface question.

This might be a silly question (or Ive missed something) but can you get the MQ7 style menu bar in MQ8... I really don't like the menu option on the left.

You might say why don't I just use MQ7.. I suppose I just like to always be on the latest (although a lot say MQ7 is the best, but I feel I would be missing out on something, unless I can find definitive reason to use MQ7... everyone has different options).

So, have I missed some setting, or maybe do I need to install an extra mod?

Thanks for the hard work of all with the skin... 

Rob
Hi,

If you mean putting the menu at the centre like in MQ 7 then sorry, that is not possible with MQ 8. The menu is placed left and you can not move it to right or centre. On the bright side, you get used to it after using the skin for a few days.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
(2020-07-03, 18:12)wags1 Wrote:

Using MQ8 with the mod.. Seems fantastic, but for one little interface question.

This might be a silly question (or Ive missed something) but can you get the MQ7 style menu bar in MQ8... I really don't like the menu option on the left.

You might say why don't I just use MQ7.. I suppose I just like to always be on the latest (although a lot say MQ7 is the best, but I feel I would be missing out on something, unless I can find definitive reason to use MQ7... everyone has different options).

Rob
Configure skin, main menu, uncheck “menu in vertical mode”.

Thanks for your reply, but I think you misunderstood what I meant.

In MQ8, the menu bar looks like this:

In MQ7, it looks like this:

I was asking if in the MQ8 skin, I can make the menu bar like the MQ7 where the areas to select are in the middle of the screen and not the left hand side.

Thanks,
Rob
(2020-07-04, 09:52)RB0135 Wrote:
(2020-07-03, 18:12)wags1 Wrote:

Rob
Configure skin, main menu, uncheck “menu in vertical mode”.

Thanks for your reply, but I think you misunderstood what I meant.

In MQ8, the menu bar looks like this:

In MQ7, it looks like this:

I was asking if in the MQ8 skin, I can make the menu bar like the MQ7 where the areas to select are in the middle of the screen and not the left hand side.

Thanks,
Rob
Horizontal or vertical, always on the left not in the center.
(2020-07-04, 08:04)TimeZone Wrote:

Rob
Hi,

If you mean putting the menu at the centre like in MQ 7 then sorry, that is not possible with MQ 8. The menu is placed left and you can not move it to right or centre. On the bright side, you get used to it after using the skin for a few days.

Thanks... Thought as much.

I might just use MQ7 as I am finding so many issue in MQ8 (not issues with the mod version but the base version) and it seems like no development is happening on it anymore... (since the last version update seems 1 year ago).
Hi All,

I have an issue that I cant seem to find others have mentioned.

It has to do with the time delay to display background images, while transversing through the movie library (haven't tested it/really cared about with TV library yet).

I feel this is a bug and I am hoping it can be fixed easily.

Before I get into it, all my fanart is local and I do not go to the internet within Kodi to scrape it, meaning the delay I am experiencing is not because it is going to the Internet to get the background. I have tested this by changing the fanart images to something totally different to the movie and it shows what I changed the images to.

So, after experimenting, in the ART menu, if I have DEFAULT FANART selected, the background (fanart.jpg) is shown instantly. 

However, I have extrafanart and prefer to have my backgrounds rotating through the other fanart files. This works perfectly, but after a 10-15 sec delay.

When I turn on EXTRA FANART, this is when a delay of 10-15 seconds occurs, then the fanart1.jpg is loaded, and then fanart2.jpg, etc... Once it starts, there is probably 5 seconds between each change of fanart image. What is shown in the 15 seconds is the Theme background for Movies (I'm using pumpkin theme, but it does the same in the default theme, and it does the smae with different list views (such as Kodiflix, List 3d)

Here are the settings I am talking about:

So, why do I think it is a BUG? Basically, I'm thinking that in that 10-15 seconds, it should be showing fanart.jpg.

Any ideas?

Is this something that can be fixed? 

I would like to mention that I ran MQ7 with the Leia Mod against the same data, and it was perfect, meaning with EXTRA FANART switched on, it loaded the backgrounds instantly.

Welcome to try any ideas, and quiet able to change any code if required. 

Im using Kodi 18.7, 64bit on Windows 10 64bit, with MQ8 2.9.0 and the latest release of Multi-Mod

Thanks,
Rob
@RB0135

I have delay when using extranfanrt mode, but only for few seconds. Use Artwork Beef Fanart, pictures loading instantly.
(2020-07-06, 12:25)AleksandarLS Wrote: @RB0135

I have delay when using extranfanrt mode, but only for few seconds. Use Artwork Beef Fanart, pictures loading instantly.
Thanks for the reply.

However, I am staying well away from Artwork Beef. I don't need it (I have my programs to download images, place them in the correct locations and I have Kodi import all artwork into its databases using Kodi's advancedsettings.xml additions).

In saying that, on my test rig, same as the main system, with some movies copied local, and the system experiencing the exact same slowness/delay, I tried Artwork Beef and it made no difference anyway.

I then went investigating further and found one small post on the web stating that Embuary Helper is what loads the extrafantart in these skins.

I went into the Embuary Add-on config and found that slide transitions where set to 10 secs. Bingo... This must be causing the delay. I dropped it to 5 secs (min) and tested it and indeed that is what is causing the delay, as now I have 5 second delay... still not like when using default artwork when it is instant.

So, Embuary (presuming) waits that transition time to show the first fanart, rather than showing the first one, then timing to the next one.

I also tried to remove Embuary hoping the Skin Helper service would be sufficient like in other skins, but MQ8 kept complaining it needed it.

I'm wonder now if there is a work around. As a developer, I wish I could debug the code to see what I could do to fix it.

Thanks,
Rob
I disabled Embuary Helper because i got some errors in Kodi's log.
(2020-07-07, 11:31)AleksandarLS Wrote: I disabled Embuary Helper because i got some errors in Kodi's log.
Oh.. ok, I didnt think to disable it, I was uninstalling it.

Tested disabling it, and still had the delay. So, not sure if it is still somehow being partially called, or if the skin routines in this area are timing out waiting for it..
Hi All,

Hopefully a quick question regarding Themes.

When you change a Theme in the MQ8 skin, should all the colors change such as menubar color, titles color, etc)?

I presumed it should, but when I change to use the Pumpkin Theme, I had to still change the Menubar color and Titles color (which includes the progress bar and scrollbars)..

Thanks.
(2020-07-03, 10:52)AleksandarLS Wrote: I got fullscreen fanart in the PVR page.

How did you manage to do that?
(2020-06-13, 04:18)latts9923 Wrote: UPDATE #15

ImageAdditions
  • I added code to use the Skin Helper Service to display the studio icon. When there are multiple studios populated, the first studio in the list will be displayed. Thanks to mataus19 for asking about this!
  • I added code to hide the media flags when you enable the KodiFlix setting "HIDE INFO". Thanks to mataus1 for the request!
  • I added code to display the media case when viewing Dialog Full Screen or the Dialog Pause Screen. This will display the same case as the one selected in the Right List view. The case will also hide if "USE MEDIA CASE" is disabled in the Right List view. Thanks to LeKodeur for the addition!

ImageBug fixes
  • I fixed a problem with the disc art not displaying in the fullscreen music player if you had previously enabled the "HIDE DISC ART" setting before I had removed it. Thanks to wags1 for reporting the bug!
  • I fixed a problem with the Animated Focus Surround for KodiFlixTV. If you reset the skin settings or started with a fresh skin install with the Multi-Mod, the buttons to enable the Animated Surround or remove the Surround were not visible. Thanks to jinux for reporting the bug!
  • There were some fonts missing that I added with this update...bebasneue.ttf, chunkfive.ttf, fafers.ttf, hemi head bd it.ttf, lobster_1.3.ttf, lockedwindow.ttf, mc360.ttf. Thanks to LeKodeur for reporting this!

Download
06-12-20 update

Thanks for the additions Latts and great work with the mod.  
The "HIDE INFO" works in KodiFlix movies however it is not working in KodiFlix TV.

Also there is a problem with the fanart shadow at the bottom and in TV Shows the 'watched flags' are not displaying (I've ensured that the 'set to unwatched' is displayed in episode context menu)

Please see attached screenshots. Thanks!

ImageImage
What should I change if I wish to have the actor list instead of writers displayed in the information box?
After the Update from February: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2924718 the Watched Hooks disappeares. When i copy the Files from the January Update: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2913362 back they come back again. Any Idea about this?
@RB0135
The menu bar and title colors have their own settings independent from the theme.

@mataus19
The "HIDE TV SHOW INFO" is working for me in KodiFlixTV. I'll take a look at the fanart shadow. Make sure you have the setting "PUT PROGRESS INFORMATION IN VIEW" is enabled in Skin Settings.

@therev
The watched flags are working for me. Make sure you have the setting "PUT PROGRESS INFORMATION IN VIEW" is enabled in Skin Settings as well as the setting "WATCHED LABEL" enabled in the Top Menu.
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod10