Manually set "Date added" metadata?
I'm adding some "old" movies I found back into my video source shared-folder (NAS).    Interestingly, I DON'T want these to show up as the most recently added movies...    is there a way to manually edit the "date added" metadata for movies in the library?

thanks!
What date do you want?

See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....deolibrary
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
THanks, Karellen!    I *think* I could do this by addding  <dateadded> flag to advancedsettings.xml before doing the import of these files...  that might work.   I'll give that a try this weekend.

One more question ... it would be simpler if there were some utiltiy/add-on that just lets me go and change the "date-added" for particular files.  Anyone have familiarty with some utility that does that?  

Just to be clear -- I'm not sure I explained the scenario entirely:

- I just added 3 movies to my file share today. ("actualdate"= mar 28)   
- Kodi will scan the file source next time it's run, discover the new files, scrape metadata, and then add these into the library (data records in a MySQL database, I assume)    it will set some field "date added to the library" to Mar 28, 2019.
- this will cause these 3 movies to show up on the home screen as the 3-most-recent ... and in the "recently added" sorts, these will be at the top ...  but that's not what I want.    I want Kodi to treat these as if they've been in the library for years.

To do this -- I assume I need to CHANGE THE FIELD "dateadded" for each of these three movies inside the SQL database.     Is there some editor utility to do this?  I can't find a way to do it in the Kodi native UI...

Thanks!
(2019-03-29, 07:39)greenbutton Wrote: I assume I need to CHANGE THE FIELD "dateadded" for each of these three movies inside the SQL database
Yes, in the files table of MyVideosxxx.db. If you are using MySQL, then you should have some knowledge of DB maintenance, so a few seconds work will change that.

If you are using NFO Files, then change this xml tag... <dateadded>2017-08-25 16:15:11</dateadded>

I am not aware of any utility/script/addon to do this.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually set "Date added" metadata?0