How to setup KODI in Bengali Language.
Dear team members,
I want to setup KODI in Bengali language. So people of my country can easily browse/use kodi. Please tell me how do I proceed. What do I have to do? A guideline will be very helpful. I want to give it a try.

Regards,
A New Fan of Kodi.
I admit I don't know how to set up a new language team on transifex for Bengali (ben-BN) that will allow you to create translations of Kodi text strings into Bengali but there are a couple other challenges to getting Bengali supported.  I am not an expert but have been doing some research into the problem.  What I see as issues are:

1.  There isn't currently any font provided with Kodi that supports the Bengali script.

2.  It doesn't appear Kodi has implemented an open type shaping engine that is needed to properly render a font using any Indic script.  So even if the font has "coverage" for Bengali (provides glyphs and instructions for the Unicode code points used in the translation to Bengali) it isn't assured that what you see on screen will render the "characters" of Indic scripts in the expected form.

Unfortunately I don't know if there is any developer currently on the project with the knowledge to fix these two issues.  The same thing applies with translations to Kannada and Malayalam that users have been interested in.  Probably also Hindi but I haven't seen any recent support questions for this.

Sorry couldn't be more help

scott s.
(2019-04-19, 00:43)scott967 Wrote: I admit I don't know how to set up a new language team on transifex for Bengali (ben-BN) that will allow you to create translations of Kodi text strings into Bengali
@Klojum is an admin in transifix.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Unless Transifex is using an incomplete list of languages, I currently see only 2 options for Bengali. (yes, I use a dark theme in my browser). After that, those who want to do the translations will need to added manually by a Kodi Transifex admin.

So, which is it going to be?
(2019-04-19, 17:54)Klojum Wrote: Unless Transifex is using an incomplete list of languages, I currently see only 2 options for Bengali. (yes, I use a dark theme in my browser). After that, those who want to do the translations will need to added manually by a Kodi Transifex admin.

So, which is it going to be?
Awesome. I'll try this. btw, I always look for dark theme in every gadget screen. Tongue
Sorry for my late reply. Thanks so much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to setup KODI in Bengali Language.0