wrecking my brain with my mythtv playback issue!
so ive been searching and trying various changes to my players and to the server side. Im running a server with Unraid, i have guacamole and mythtv dockers. players are loaded with libreelec with kodi, and the mythtv plugin. I had this working a few weeks ago, but after some updates, it stopped. At this point, i can see the guide and all of my channels. i select it to view live tv, and it does nothing. occasionally itll come back and actually say channel unavailable. i can start a recording, but it wont let me view the recording. However, what i dont understand, is if i go on my phone and use the Mythling app, it connects and plays live tv with 0 issues. help!!! TIA
Enable debug log (including PVR component) and share it, else I can't do anything.
This issue has been a great disappointment for me since the release of Kodi Leia. Mythtv playback staggers and stutters  its way across the screen like a drunk, and no amount of tweaking would fix it.

I've managed to take our KODI clients that access a mythtv backend back to the previous Kodi major version (17) which a s we know worked great.

However, last week I received a new mid range Android 4K capable media box, running Kodi Leia

Everything worked fine except mythtv playback and live tv. Same stutter issues.

On 720p & 1080i content  I found that if I dropped the screen resolution (Settings > DIsplay Output > HDMI resolution) to 1280 X 720 kodi-pvr-mythtv playwork works fine, albeit that some resolution may be lost.

I tried the same on a LINUX (Ubuntu 18.04) client with Kodi Leia. Dropping the main resolution (HDMI output) to 1280x720 fixes the stutters.

Not a fix, and sad to loose some resolution, but it is watchable compared to the previous mess.
I'm running Leia/18.04/myth0.29 with no problems on live or recorded TV.  Without a debug log, no one can help diagnose the problem.  Also, posting in the Video Support subforum might also be of use, as it may be a videoplayer issue, and not something related to Myth.
(2019-04-11, 21:36)lovemachine Wrote: I'm running Leia/18.04/myth0.29 with no problems on live or recorded TV.  Without a debug log, no one can help diagnose the problem.  Also, posting in the Video Support subforum might also be of use, as it may be a videoplayer issue, and not something related to Myth.
It was information only. I wasn't looking for help, simply expressing disappointment that, as with every major update, something always breaks.

NB: I've installed mythtv 0.30 and am using the android frontend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wrecking my brain with my mythtv playback issue!0