Solved NFO File not Working
I am running Kodi 17.6, LibreElec 8.2.5 on a Raspberry Pi . I have a video file that is really a complete video of a TV mini series (the Last Don(1997)) that I can't get into my library. I created a nfo file containing only the link to the show at IMDB and saved it as "The Last Don(1997).nfo" and saved it to my Movies source. It now sits immediately after the video file itself. I then installed the Universal Movie Scraper and configured it to use IMDB.

I tried to import the file into the library but Kodi seems to ignore the nfo file and just offers irrelevant movies as options. FWIW, I can see no reference to the nfo file in the Kodi log.

From reading the Wiki it sounded like I was doing all that is necessary to import the IMDB information for this file.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong will be greaty appreciated.
As usually happens, as soon as I post a request for help I try it again and it works. The Last Don now appears in my TV Shows library which is probably good enough. Now to figure out how to get it to show in my Movies library. I have another similar video (Longitude) that appeared just fine. Maybe I'll just clone the TV listing on TMDB to the TV side.
@MotoTom

Can you post the contents of the NFO File here. Also the debug log will help.

If you say that Kodi is completely ignoring it, then either
1. the file is not named exactly as the video file (except the extensions should be different)
2. Your file encoding may be wrong. It needs to be UTF-8. See image

Moved to metadata scrapers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ah, just realised you said mini-series.

Universal Movie Scraper is for movies, not TV Shows.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-03-30, 23:05)Karellen Wrote: @MotoTom

Can you post the contents of the NFO File here. Also the debug log will help.

If you say that Kodi is completely ignoring it, then either
1. the file is not named exactly as the video file (except the extensions should be different)
2. Your file encoding may be wrong. It needs to be UTF-8. See image

Moved to metadata scrapers.
Thanks Karellen,

I had saved it as ANSI but as I noted earlier it was picked up by the Universal Movie Scraper from the copy in my TV Shows folder.

The content of the file is
Again, many thanks for your quick response
Yep, the show is definitely listed as TV Show (mini-series) on IMDB, so the Universal Movie Scraper wont find it.

Even TheMovieDB lists it as a TV Show... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/31050-the-...uage=en-US

What is your setup? Do you have the three episodes combined as one long movie?
My Signature
Yes, one long (4hr) show that I bought on a DVD from Amazon.

Interesting, now that I changed the encoding to UTF-8, scraped data is now appearing in both Movies and TV Shows as I put copies in both libraries but wthout art work . I know how to take care of that.

Thanks again fo rjumping in and helping.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFO File not Working0