iOS Kodi on iPad - Possible bug?
Hello,
I have two Jailbroken devices on iOS 8.4 - an iPhone 6 (arm64) and an iPad 2 (arm). 

Leia works great on the iPhone 6 with NO issues, but crashes on launch on the iPad. 

Last night I noticed this section of the crash report that might explain why:
Quote:Dyld Error Message: Symbol not found: _tlv_bootstrap Referenced from: /private/var/db/stash/.TeVENQ/Applications/Kodi.app/Kodi (which was built for iOS 9.0) Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib in /private/var/db/stash/_.TeVENQ/Applications/Kodi.app/Kodi Dyld Version: 353.12 
Looks as though the Arm64 version of Leia is iOS 8 compatible, but the non-64 arm is signaling iOS 9. 
Hoping the non-64 arm version of Leia could also be opened to iOS 8 as well. 

Thanks!
Which version of leia are you running?

Fact is - leia has iOS 9 as minimal requirement. That’s what both - 32 and 64Bit versions of kodi are targeting.
The reason that it works on one of your devices can only be that it runs by accident.

Nothing I can do about it. (We need to target iOS 9 to have support for some newer devices and other stuff).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the info and heads up. 

I'm happy to know my iPhone 6 on iOS 8 (though a fluke) is able to run Leia, but I'm heartbroken at the news that iOS 8 isn't supported for Leia in general. 

If adding iOS 8 to Leia is difficult to implement (more than just a line of code allowing access, or repairing the above), then disregard this next part, but two quick pieces of info: 1) iOS 8 is still supported as part of the top 4 within the Jailbreak community and is the last bullet-proof tetherless JB (with iOS 7 and below falling under Legacy) and 2) I'm here to help test with both my iPhone and iPad in case you find it in your hearts to add iOS 8 to the mix. 

OH! & to answer your question above, the "Blessed by the Kodi Gods" iPhone 6 is on the latest release of: org.xbmc.kodi-ios_18.1-0_iphoneos-arm64.deb 

Thanks again! For what it's worth, I appreciate the reply!
We needed to update Xcode to version 9 and it has no iOS 8 SDK. There is no way back on our building server with that. No discussion or arguing needed Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Understood. Definitely did not want to come across as arguing. 

Thanks again for the heads up!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on iPad - Possible bug?0