This addon causes CoreElec to have the wrong UK time
This is a very strange one. Since the UK time change on Sunday, both my amlogic s905 boxes running CoreElec have been showing the incorrect time. Here's what happens. I am running 4.4.8.3 from the CoreElec repo and have Britain (UK) set in regional settings.

CoreElec boots and shows the correct time if I disable the VBox addon.

If I boot with the addon enabled, the time shows correctly at first. Vbox then imports the guide from clients and the time changes to an hour earlier. To correct, I change the timezone region to another one and then back to Britain(UK). This works and persists until the next reboot.

I have tried to recreate this on my android phone running Kodi 18 but everything works as it should.

So, on the one hand the problem is CoreElec related and on the other addon related. I have posted on both forums with this and would be grateful for any info that would help me resolve.
Narrowed it down a bit. Time shows OK on boot with the addon enabled IF there are no timers set. links to log follow when I've worked out how to.
Here’s the link to the log file from a completely clean new install of CoreELEC. At the point the time changes from 2 to 1 o’clock, there’s an error message about the timer I’ve set to record Eastenders.

I'm not sure who should be looking at fixing this so I’ve also be posted this on the CoreELEC forum.

http://ix.io/1Fe6

Thanks for looking
(2019-04-03, 16:03)sonofdibnah Wrote: Here’s the link to the log file from a completely clean new install of CoreELEC. At the point the time changes from 2 to 1 o’clock, there’s an error message about the timer I’ve set to record Eastenders.

I'm not sure who should be looking at fixing this so I’ve also be posted this on the CoreELEC forum.

http://ix.io/1Fe6

Thanks for looking
FYI I've had a similar problem ever since Kodi 18 came out.

I'm running Kodi on my Nvidia Shield and the time and timezone (Australia) is all set correctly on both the shield and the vbox - the time in Kodi appears correct UNTIL it loads the guide from the vbox, at which point the time is now out by 8 hours or so. This happens irrespective of whether any timers/recordings are set or not.

The guide (and recording etc.) still works but everything is now shifted time-wise. This only appears to occur after the guide is loaded i.e. if I turn the vbox pvr add-in off then the time remains correct.   

I've been unable to sort out where the issue is as the vbox itself shows the right time and time-zone (in the web interface) so it seems that the problem is inside the vbox pvr kodi add-on somewhere.
So, it's not a problem restricted to Kodi 18 on CoreElec or to the UK.  I think this proves it's a problem with the PVR Client so now we are at the mercy of the addon developers.
Did this ever get resolved?

I am in France watching UK TV.  I have identical symptoms to your post.

The VBox is set to GMT+2 (summer time, there is no summertime setting on the VBox) and as Kodi starts it correctly gets the time but once the external guide is collected through the PVR add-on the time   goes back 2 hours to GMT.

Was a solution ever found?

G
(2019-08-09, 02:56)GeoffatMM Wrote: Did this ever get resolved?

I am in France watching UK TV.  I have identical symptoms to your post.

The VBox is set to GMT+2 (summer time, there is no summertime setting on the VBox) and as Kodi starts it correctly gets the time but once the external guide is collected through the PVR add-on the time   goes back 2 hours to GMT.

Was a solution ever found?

G
Not to my knowledge...I've seen this issue posted a few times and have never seen a reply from the developers.
Thanks Shapkam.

It is a weird problem as (for me) sometimes the time is correct (GMT +2) and sometimes it goes to GMT.  I do not know if it is Kodi or the plugin.

As I start Kodi, the time comes up correctly.  Then the PVR add-on loads, takes its time to read the xml file (I use and external xml file) then I see it rising to 100% as it populates the guide.

As soon as it reaches 100% the problem starts as the hour figure in the time display flashes between the local time and the GMT time.  Sometimes it stops correctly on local time but other times it stops incorrectly on GMT.

I have installed 18.2 and the same issue occurs.  I installed 17.6 (the earliest version I can now download) but there was no VBox PVR in the list so I could not check if it worked correctly under 17.6.

I think all we can do is hope one of the dev team have noted these comments and the issue and investigate it for Kodi 19.

Geoff
(2019-08-13, 16:27)GeoffatMM Wrote: I think all we can do is hope one of the dev team have noted these comments and the issue and investigate it for Kodi 19.

You can do better than that, and open a ticket in Kodi's Github Bug Tracker.
Enter full details and include all possible log files and other relevant info. Devs will not scan the forum for issues.
Yes I get this on my nvidia shield, but only when summertime saving is in place. When the time is back to normal I don’t get the issue.
And as everyone else said it only occurs when it loads the guide.
Not sure how much this helps anyone with this problem not using an Nvidia shield, but FYI I finally updated my Nvidia shield software to 8.0.1 after putting it off for as long as possible - netflix had stopped working and this was the only way to fix it - and noticed that the incorrect Kodi time after loading the vbox add-in has now been fixed as well.

Neither Kodi or the vbox was updated, just the Shield operating system. This suggests to me it wasn't as simple as there being a bug in the vbox add-in...seems like there was some kind of interaction between the shield operating system and the add-in/Kodi which has now been repaired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This addon causes CoreElec to have the wrong UK time0