Linux Losing picture on some channels but not audio, recordings ok if played on PC
Question 
Since I moved to Kodi v18 I've had playback issues with Tvheadend.

Certain channels lose picture after anything from a couple of seconds to 10 or more. Usually the audio continues but sometimes not even that, and when that happens the remote control stops working and about 30-60 seconds later Kodi restarts back at the main menu.

Also the quality of the picture is not as good as it was previously.

However I can record the channel without problem BUT the recording won't play back on Kodi, I have to watch it on my computer and the picture quality is much better on the recording.

The other thing to mention is that it is consistently the same channels, others work perfectly. For example all the HD channels have excellent picture quality and can be watched without losing video or audio.

This all suggests there's nothing wrong with the TV capture card but this is a software issue. I'm not sure if the problem is in Tvheadend or Kodi.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Nick
(2019-04-02, 10:13)NickElliott Wrote: Since I moved to Kodi v18 I've had playback issues with Tvheadend.

Certain channels lose picture after anything from a couple of seconds to 10 or more. Usually the audio continues but sometimes not even that, and when that happens the remote control stops working and about 30-60 seconds later Kodi restarts back at the main menu.

However I can record the channel without problem BUT the recording won't play back on Kodi, I have to watch it on my computer and the picture quality is much better on the recording.

The other thing to mention is that it is consistently the same channels, others work perfectly. For example all the HD channels have excellent picture quality and can be watched without losing video or audio.

This all suggests there's nothing wrong with the TV capture card but this is a software issue. I'm not sure if the problem is in Tvheadend or Kodi.

Thanks

Nick
Helllo,
I had also this issue on rpi2/osmc after upgrading to kodi 18. Change the deinterleaving method from automatic to none or blob (acces to the parameter when you are playing the live stream)
It happens for all 1080i streams (France)
(2019-05-31, 09:41)yapooze Wrote:
(2019-04-02, 10:13)NickElliott Wrote: Since I moved to Kodi v18 I've had playback issues with Tvheadend.

Thanks

Nick
Helllo,
I had also this issue on rpi2/osmc after upgrading to kodi 18. Change the deinterleaving method from automatic to none or blob (acces to the parameter when you are playing the live stream)
It happens for all 1080i streams (France) 
Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

I found on my system that disabling "Allow hardware acceleration - VDPAU" in Player Settings >>> Videos helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Losing picture on some channels but not audio, recordings ok if played on PC0