GSoC 2019 proposal draft - RetroPlayer shaders OpenGL
Hello, I'd really appreciate some feedback on my proposal for GSoC 2019. Any suggestions are welcome, I'm open to any questions you may have.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SzsH...p=drivesdk
Moved to GSOC 2019
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-04-03, 20:35)DarrenHill Wrote: Moved to GSOC 2019

Thanks Mr. Impossible!
@garbear I know there's probably a big timezone difference, I'd appreciate if you take a look at my proposal, since the deadline is almost upon us! Thank you.
Hi Kostas,

I put on my critical hat, but couldn't find anything wrong with the proposal. Here are the strong points:

* I usually ask for a first PR to Kodi, but it looks like you did that three months ago. Stop overachieving Wink
* I think your schedule mirrors velocity's, which worked well last year
* The project is low risk and very feasible, given how much work went into RetroPlayer and DX shaders last year
* You're already familiarized yourself with last year's work by showing which folder your new code would go
* Your project has possible mentors (myself and maybe velocity)

My only comment is that you might want to break the single goal into multiple, or add two more goals, to give us three milestones to aim for. Dates should be attached.
Has the deadline passed? I hope you submitted your proposal as it was.
(2019-04-07, 21:57)garbear Wrote: Has the deadline passed? I hope you submitted your proposal as it was.

No, I still have two days or so, I just worried, since it's been a long time since I posted and I had no response.
(2019-04-07, 21:54)garbear Wrote: Hi Kostas,

I put on my critical hat, but couldn't find anything wrong with the proposal. Here are the strong points:

* I usually ask for a first PR to Kodi, but it looks like you did that three months ago. Stop overachieving Wink
* I think your schedule mirrors velocity's, which worked well last year
* The project is low risk and very feasible, given how much work went into RetroPlayer and DX shaders last year
* You're already familiarized yourself with last year's work by showing which folder your new code would go
* Your project has possible mentors (myself and maybe velocity)

My only comment is that you might want to break the single goal into multiple, or add two more goals, to give us three milestones to aim for. Dates should be attached.

Hi Garrett!

I find it very hard to give specific dates so I might submit my proposal as it is, or try to add two more goals as you suggested.
I hope we get to work together, from my POV and velocity's words, I think this will be an amazing experience.

Thank you for your time and feedback!
Yeah sorry for the delay, life has gotten busy recently so I can go a day or two without checking the forum. A big component of velocity's project was the binary add-on for shader loading, and while the code was relatively complete there's still a lot of build system work to do. "Packaging existing shaders for Kodi's build system" is a big enough task to become its own goal.
(2019-04-07, 22:26)garbear Wrote: Yeah sorry for the delay, life has gotten busy recently so I can go a day or two without checking the forum. A big component of velocity's project was the binary add-on for shader loading, and while the code was relatively complete there's still a lot of build system work to do. "Packaging existing shaders for Kodi's build system" is a big enough task to become its own goal.

I suppose I didn't give enough attention to the add-on, I'll look into it and I'll be sure to add that as a goal!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GSoC 2019 proposal draft - RetroPlayer shaders OpenGL0