Title problem
Hello, just started using TinyMediaManager and loving it so far, however I do have one issue I personally name my movie folders so movies that are linked are shown in chronological order when browsed in windows, I really wish there was a way so that the Title that TinyMediaManager uses was the folder name rather than that scraped from the meta data, I've worked out I can manually edit the title but I have a very large collection so this would take a rediculously long time to do any ideas if there's any way to achieve this?
thanks.
Well a folder name is no metadata Wink

You could remove all TMM entries, remove all NFO files, and the on first import to TMM, the foldername should be automatically taken as title (try this with one movie first - consider backup)
When scraping, do not tick title... so the title stays as is...

Just curious - in what way to your folder names be differrent to official titles?
And what for?!
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2019-04-04, 08:17)myron Wrote: Well a folder name is no metadata Wink

You could remove all TMM entries, remove all NFO files, and the on first import to TMM, the foldername should be automatically taken as title (try this with one movie first - consider backup)
When scraping, do not tick title... so the title stays as is...

Just curious - in what way to your folder names be differrent to official titles?
And what for?!
thanks for the reply

'Well a folder name is no metadata'

no that's what I say I want to use folder name rather than the metadata

'You could remove all TMM entries, remove all NFO files, and the on first import to TMM, the foldername should be automatically taken as title (try this with one movie first - consider backup)
When scraping, do not tick title... so the title stays as is...'

had considered this as a workaround that way I get the title I want and still have the pictures but I lose the description and all the other information, I'm looking at doing same kind of thing but trying to find a way of batch editing the movie.nfo files to replace title with folder name then like you said remove all entries and reimport and will be populated from the corrected movie.nfo though not got a solution to that yet, there's obviously somewhere in the program where it populates the list by calling for the metadata title was just hoping that maybe this is what could be modified so instead to call for the folder name.

'Just curious - in what way to your folder names be differrent to official titles?
And what for?!'

there's absoulutley loads of examples I can give, the movie Jigsaw not linked to the Saw movies, The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, Rocky and Creed films, Tom Clancy Jack Ryan films, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspianis shown before The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe so for the last example my folders are named The Chronicles of Narnia (1) The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, The Chronicles of Narnia (2) Prince Caspian otherwise how would I know which to watch first you can't always go by release date as there's often prequels and such.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Title problem0