IPTV Simple Client - m3u URL fields: can't scroll to end
Hi all,

Have searched far and wide for anything on this, and either I'm describing it incorrectly or something, but have yet to find anything on this, so apologies if I missed a post/solution, or not explaining correctly.

I'm using Kodi via an Xbox one, and in the IPTV Simple Client config, where you type in a providers m3u and/or EPG URL's, I start typing the long URL, but the field stops at a certain point and doesn't move/scroll to show the characters that I'm typing (??), so is there a way to scroll over manually with that field?

Maybe for clarity, using an example URL The field scrolls fine at first (where the 'http://' etc. scrolls/moves past the front field edge) until I get near the end (approx. last 3-4 chars of my pw), then stops scrolling as I'm typing where I can't confirm I'm not making typos.  I'm def still able to type and it is inputting the characters, cuz it 'sort of' scrolls a couple more characters after I've typed past approx 6-7 chars further (that and the app worked), but doesn't continue to show/confirm the characters I AM typing.

Hopefully this made sense and someone knows of it, so cheers and thanks in advance.
i had to download the kodi remote app from the play store to my android phone to overcome this issue. in kodi you need to go to /settings/services/control and enable "Allow remote control via HTTP" then once your in the text field that you want to input text to you need to connect your phone so its on the same network as kodi and then open the app and connect to kodi.  when the text cursor is flashing hit the centre button in the app and then enter your text. once you've finished entering the text use your controller to finish off by selecting the OK button
Wow - what a convoluted mess just to type in a field that Kodi should've tested/fixed Confused

This is why I join forums ;-)  I knew someone musta had this issue.  Thanks tons for the reply Big Grin
no probs, glad it helped

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Simple Client - m3u URL fields: can't scroll to end0