X265 Playback
I'm having trouble with x265 video playback on Kodi 18.1
I'm attempting to play it from a SMB share connected to my network. I have two different TV shows currently in my library using x265, one is a DVD Rip and is only 576p in quality and the other is only 1080p. I've tried to play them on my Android, Firestick and PC and none of them can successfully run them through Kodi. However I do know this isn't a hardware or networking issue as all 3 of those devices can play the files when not in Kodi.

Is this a common issue ? and does anyone know how this could be fixed ?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I started using x265 without issue, so no common thing.
Perhaps your debug logs show more in your particular situation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
X265 Playback0