Block Backend Shutdown Option
@janbar I upgraded mythtv from 29 to 30 about a month ago. At the time I had a frontend on a raspberry pi 3 with raspbian jessie and kodi 17.3? and whichever pvr.mythtv was available. I upgraded to raspbian stretch with kodi 18.1 and pvr.mythtv 5.10.6. Regardless of whether I have the option "block backend shutdown" enabled or disabled, the master backend (on another machine) will not automatically shutdown with mythwelcome. I just exited kodi on the pi last night and the master backend shutdown automatically as expected. I am going to give it a couple more nights to ensure that it is consistent, but in the meantime I wanted to check if I am misunderstanding something or if this is not working as expected. In previous versions I could leave kodi running on the pi and the backend would still shutdown with mythwelcome overnight.
I confirm I have the same problem, upgraded the both sides. Some new setting somewhere perhaps? It's been years that I set it up, so I don't remember what was the command, but one can query the backend what is keeping it awake. That should tell if it's the Kodi client.
Sorry, misread it, you already prove it's Kodi. That's what I suspect too. There shoukd be some timer added for releasing MythTV after some delay of inactivity.
(2019-04-06, 06:58)ikke-t Wrote: Sorry, misread it, you already prove it's Kodi. That's what I suspect too. There shoukd be some timer added for releasing MythTV after some delay of inactivity.

@ikke-t could you check your settings?  When I upgraded, the advanced tab for the pvr.mythtv configuration had this setting enabled.  I disabled it and nothing changed.  I re-enabled it and disabled it again just to be sure and it still didn't change.  According to the wiki:
https://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR#Advanced

even if it is on, it shouldn't prevent backend shutdown when the kodi screensaver turns on.  My screensaver setting is 3 minutes, so it appears that this is not honored either.  Perhaps the behavior has changed from 29 to 30 and this was just overlooked.  For now I am planning to just closing kodi on my raspberry pi whenever I am not using it.
@ikke-t, there is an issue on github about this, too. I will be probably move to there for troubleshooting this.
https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv/issues/116

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Block Backend Shutdown Option0