KODI 18.1 stucks and caching on Nvidia SHIELD TV
Hi,
my Kodi 18.1 is running on Shield TV and this is connected over HDMI 2.0b cable direct with my Yamaha 1050 receiver (all formats he can) and the TV, a Panasonic TX-CXW804 65", is connected on the output from receiver with a HDMI 2.0b cable as well.

The Audio Modes in Shield TV are:
PCM 16 Bit, DD, DD+, DTS, DTS HD, DOLBY TrueHD. 

and the Network is 1000MBit with cable.

If I try now to watch a 4K Movie so the movie runs a while and then it´s starts buffering. If I stream the same movie with Plex it runs fine but not with DD+.

Is it possible to change the cache settings?
If I check my NAS I see that Kodi try to download the movie with less network bandwitdh, on start high and later very slow.
In Plex i see that the stream is starting with 400Mbit and then is running smooth with 30-50MBit.

So I think now that this is a problem with the Kodi and so I need how i can better analyze this and the best thing would be to fix it.

Thanks a lot.
I'm using a Nvidia Shield connected to a gigabit file server (using NFS), and I have no need for any cache settings with 4K videos. I'm not using Plex, just Kodi.

Any chance you can provide Kodi's debug log (wiki), so we can perhaps spot any irregularities?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI 18.1 stucks and caching on Nvidia SHIELD TV0