Confused on how to deal with compilation albums with album artists and release series
Lots to answer here, and I will be back with more advice tomorrow (time for dinner now). But one simple reply to start with
(2019-04-07, 19:32)frankvw Wrote: is it possible to add just one folder of music to the database without having to do an entire database update? I can scrape a single movie by navigating to the video file and hitting the 'i' button; is it possible to do the same with a single folder of MP3 files?
Yes but not in the way video does it because "scraping" in music is just tpo fetch additional artist and album info. You can do one of 2 things:

1) Scan just a subfolder - navigate in file view down to the folder you want and from the context menu click on "scan to library"
2) Add a music source - you can have more than one music source, and then use that to filter your music too.

Library update will check all the folder and files already added to your library for changes (in date stamp or size) and then deeper scan where it finds changes. This is not as slow as deeply rescanning everything, but can take time to check if you have a large libarary.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confused on how to deal with compilation albums with album artists and release series - by DaveBlake - 2019-04-07, 19:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confused on how to deal with compilation albums with album artists and release series0