GSOC ADDON submission tool idea
Wink 
ADD-ON Submission tool

Name: S. Vignesh
HI! I think website will make it easier given the pre-existing libraries written in python specific to the same. The purpose of website is to ease the process and encourage better community involvement. This tool will help bridge the gap and provide an interface using Python and Django and use community developed tools given so as to make it easy and the flow intuitive.Also this would make the process cross-platform with ease.
I also found @goggle ’s idea fascinating and i am willing to aid him near the user interface and web tech part of it.

How will I achieve this:
  1. Django 2.1.4 for backend with python 3.7.2 for future support.
  2. Boostrap 4 with bootswatch and components from Semantic UI for visual appeal.
  3. Github OAuth for logging in using github.
  4. Upon login , you can insert your own github link for the code or upload the directory from your local machine and choose the branch and
  5. It will be run through the library extending on https://github.com/xbmc/addon-check and the errors will be given back to the user for fixing while retaining the safe files. ( safe files are session dependent and will be deleted on logout)
  6. After fixing the errors, a form containing the Kodi PR template is provided which is to be filled.
  7. Then GitPython will be used to commit and create a pull request using the authors name.  ( Celery does a good job at asynchronous tasks for this step)

Requirements: Django , Python, Addon-check, Bootstrap4 , Semantic-UI ,GitPython, celery

Tell us about the computer(s) and devices you have available for working on your SoC project?
I have a Macbook Pro with linux and windows on VM and a Home PC with linux and windows installed natively.

When did you first start programming?
I started programming 5 years ago with c++ in school and now i have moved onto entirely Python, JavaScript and Web development.

Are you a user of Kodi? When did you first start using it?
I found Kodi 2 years ago when i was in need for a ‘smarter’ alternative to my sub-par android tv.

What do you primarily use Kodi for?
Now i used it on my Raspberry pi as a media access and control device.

Have you contributed to other Open Source projects? If so, which projects and can we see some of your code?
Yes, not really popular open source codes but i and my friends collaborate for hackathons and fun projects on the open source domain. And yes, you can view them on my github profile www.github.com/trevahok

If you have not contributed to open source projects, do you have other code we can look at?
Yes , i did a few freelancing related to web and react native app development too.
it’s on www.github.com/trevahok . Some are deployed on Heroku for demo. vitportal.herokuapp.com

What sorts of programming projects have you done on your own time?
I mostly love doing python programming mostly because of the syntactic sugar and community support. I have worked on Bootstrap4 and Django based websites and built a few entirely from ground up (bitbucket private repo Sad cant show ).I have a decent amount of exposure and vast interest in app development using React Native. I also avidly participate in competitive coding. I am a huge part of the hackathon culture and have gone to Grand Finale of the National level hackathon in India - Smart India Hackathon. A couple examples of my general free time work are vitportal.herokuapp.com, extractinator.herokuapp.com, trevtodo.herokuapp.com ( allow a couple seconds for the dyno to boot). 

How much time do you have available, and how would you plan to use it?
I can afford 6 hours per day for 2 months from may 2nd to july 2nd . I would organize my work into sections and show immediate progress. As this is independent of the existing Kodi code , there isn’t need for a ‘soak-in’ period. The first couple days are for testing out different approaches that it can go in, but by the first week , there will be a solid displayable work starting with github oauth. the next few weeks for integrating the add on check.
Do you plan to have a job or study during the summer in conjunction with Summer of Code?
No, i’m entirely free and will dedicate all my time for GSoC with Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GSOC ADDON submission tool idea0