"Delay in Playback on refresh rate change" not working on Shield TV
I have simplified the test.
2 refresh rates on white list.
1080 res.
GUI set to 59.94, video played is 23.98.
Symptom is still the same.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ovakafedal

Video of behaviour;

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Al9zjZcU3vKZgbtDzVM4k_6gn-voNw
Same explanation is before. File a bug but title it: kodi does not parse m2ts sufficiently. Stream parameters are not properly known and therefore refreshrate switching happens while movie already plays.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-02-23, 21:13)fritsch Wrote: Same explanation is before. File a bug but title it: kodi does not parse m2ts sufficiently. Stream parameters are not properly known and therefore refreshrate switching happens while movie already plays.

I’m about to look at MKV, but this always used to work properly before with my m2ts files. Nothing changed with me apart from software?
What was the last working version? Refreshrate Delay (in general) was broken until some months ago, therefore I wonder.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-02-23, 21:24)fritsch Wrote: What was the last working version? Refreshrate Delay (in general) was broken until some months ago, therefore I wonder.

Unfortunately it happened so long ago I couldn’t say.
But I found this thread at about the time it happened.
If I had to guess, I would say it was even before the v18 was available.
You are right, MKVs seem to behave better; refresh changes before playback.
A daunting prospect for a video library consisting of 80% m2ts / ts files.
Sad
Any way this can be sorted so as to accommodate the m2ts content as before?
In case it matters, the previous behaviour would be spinning wheel, then immediate refresh rate change (screen goes black) then return to first frame of video (90% of the time this is black) followed by set amount of delay & then playback begins.
I see now, rather than this, the spinning wheel comes up, refresh rate changes, then back to spinning wheel (rather than a hold on the first frame, the hold is on the spinning wheel).
Don’t know if this change in behaviour points towards why an m2ts would no longer work correctly?
Anyone know if the fix made it into Kodi 18.6?
Kodi 18.5 on NVIDIA Shield TV, Denon AVR-X4400H, Monitor Audio Gold speakers + dual XTZ 12.17 subs, JVC DLA-x7900 projector, LG 55SJ810V TV
Yes. It's in.
(2020-03-04, 19:48)fritsch Wrote: Yes. It's in.

Great!
Thanks to all those who helped make this happen.
Will check it out as soon as 18.6 shows up on the Play Store.
Kodi 18.5 on NVIDIA Shield TV, Denon AVR-X4400H, Monitor Audio Gold speakers + dual XTZ 12.17 subs, JVC DLA-x7900 projector, LG 55SJ810V TV
I can confirm this is working OK now.
It is broken for his .ts files. Here kodi only analyzes a very short time for live tv switching. Broken recordings therefore won't get their framerate correctly detected. So on stream start kodi sees "I don't know fps" and therefore does not switch. After stream start, it sees: "50fps" and switches ... which causes a quite ugly effect.

tl;dr: It's fixed, but if kodi does not know the framerate on playback start, another visual effect is seen.
Hey
I am systematically converting m2ts files into mkvs.
However, Kodi still struggles to correctly adjust frame rate on some. For example.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ofirikinic

Both files are from DVD.
Both 25fps, both interlaced.

The first video plays back with the frame rate switch to 50fps before playback.

However, the second one switches to 25fps during the ‘delay’, then as playback starts it then switches a second time to 50fps.

So it switches twice, the second after playback has begun.
Remove the 25 hz from your whitelist and only keep the 50 hz one.
Also please remove

Code:
2020-03-25 08:24:43.106 T:12774  NOTICE: ADDON: repository.supremebuilds v1.0.2 installed

if you want continued support here, as per our piracy policy (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Delay in Playback on refresh rate change" not working on Shield TV0