v18 Open Kodi with MCE Green Button on Remote
Been using a clone of a MCE remote (Model VRC-1100) for some years now with Kodi with no issues. Originally, when using with Win7 the Green Button on the remote would open MCE, which was the expected behaviour. However, since I'm now using Win10 I was curious if this button can be mapped to open Kodi, particularly as MCE is clearly dead on Win10. I've looked a couple of times, but couldn't find anything that actually opens Kodi. Currently using Keymap editor to map a couple of other functions.
Any feedback is much appreciated.
Cheers
(2019-04-10, 21:23)Dumyat Wrote: Been using a clone of a MCE remote (Model VRC-1100) for some years now with Kodi with no issues. Originally, when using with Win7 the Green Button on the remote would open MCE, which was the expected behaviour. However, since I'm now using Win10 I was curious if this button can be mapped to open Kodi, particularly as MCE is clearly dead on Win10. I've looked a couple of times, but couldn't find anything that actually opens Kodi. Currently using Keymap editor to map a couple of other functions.
Any feedback is much appreciated.
Cheers
I have remapped the green button to go to the start screen and I can navigate to Kodi from there. Not perfect, but it works.
The memory has faded, but  I used to use autohotkey scripts to start xbmc from the green button in windows.
Thanks guys.
Will check out both suggestions. Have tried maybe half a dozen or so remotes to use with Kodi, but I think this one remains my overall favourite still...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Open Kodi with MCE Green Button on Remote0