How to change the location of the .kodi directory ?
I have Zgemma H7s. An excellent receiver with enough memory.
It has enough good images for this receiver, and besides, it is also possible to use multiboot with 4 images in it. The disadvantage is that all 4 images use the same Kodi settings (add-ons, build, skin, etc ...) located at /media/hdd/.kodi/.
In order for multiboot images to have different builds, add-ons, skins, etc, it is necessary to change the location of the directory's directory in each image. I can change the location with a Dream-Explorer plugin, but how to "learn" Kodi to know where is the new location .kodi folder ?
I would try using the Dream-Explorer plugin to change the .kodi folder to the new location /home/root/.kodi/.
But what's next?
If I try to start the Kodi plugin, it does not see that the .kodi folder is in /home/root/.kodi/, and therefore makes a new .kodi folder in /media/hdd/
Do I need to make some changes to some files? In which files? Is this an excellent script and where is it located?
It may be necessary to create a symlink, but how to do it and will it work?
I ask for professional help, how to solve this problem ...?
One recommendation: If programmers are working on Kodi 18 for enigma2 receivers, is it possible to create a wizard with the help of which would select the location on which we want to be placed .kodi folder?
Sorry, this forum is for the Enigma2 PVR addon that works on kodi.

You would need to go your chosen image provider and raise your issue there. The image providers have customised kodi for use on Enigma2 devices.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2019-04-13, 09:09)phunkyfish Wrote: Sorry, this forum is for the Enigma2 PVR addon that works on kodi.

You would need to go your chosen image provider and raise your issue there. The image providers have customised kodi for use on Enigma2 devices.

Does this mean that at the moment the forum has no topic for Enigma2 receivers, such as Dreambox, Vu +, Zgemma, etc ..? In the forums for some images, I asked the same or a similar question, but I did not get a concrete answer ...
I was hoping that some professional would read my question and give me precise instructions ...
(2019-04-13, 13:03)sharing07 Wrote:
(2019-04-13, 09:09)phunkyfish Wrote: Sorry, this forum is for the Enigma2 PVR addon that works on kodi.

Does this mean that at the moment the forum has no topic for Enigma2 receivers, such as Dreambox, Vu +, Zgemma, etc ..? In the forums for some images, I asked the same or a similar question, but I did not get a concrete answer ...
I was hoping that some professional would read my question and give me precise instructions ... 

So if you have a PC/Mac/Ubuntu/Rpi computer that you run Kodi on you can install a PVR addon that allows you to view live TV on kodi via streaming. This is what this forum is for.

For Kodi that runs on an actual Enigma2 device, that is different. The image provider have taken kodi and modified it to run on the image. We don't support that here. There is no way for us to know how it is installed or configured.

You could ask in the general questions part of the forum but the answers may or may not be of any use to you.
Thank you friend
I apologize for what my question was offtopic
It’s fine. Hard to know unless you ask!
Have you thought of creating a different profile per image?

Then you shouldn’t need to change the .kodi location?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change the location of the .kodi directory ?0