Solved Addon update repeated fails
This is solved, but I'm posting just in case some one in the future searches on this problem.

I installed a skin in Kodi 18.2 RC (Aeon MQ 8) that took a dependency on resource studio icons (white) and it installed ver 0.0.19.

Subsequently I got a notification of available update (I have notify set as update option).  I did an "update all".  After downloading I got an "installation failed" alert.  Subsequent attempts to update all failed in the same way.

So I started examining things.  What I found in the GUI was in "my addons" it didn't appear.  But when I looked at "install from repo" it was listed as enabled with ver 0.0.20.  I then looked in my user addons folder and found that the addon did exist and its addon.xml was 0.0.19.  My debug log shows
Code:
ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Rename - Error renaming file E:\Media\Kodi 18.2 190311\portable_data\addons\resource.images.studios.white

I found two zipped copies of the addon in my "addons/packages" folder --  0.0.19 and 0.0.20

I found numerous folders in my addons/temp folder -- all unzipped copies of ver 0.0.20

I then examined addons27.db and found in the addons table it listed ver 0.0.20.  Installed table showed installed on 2019-03-12.  Package table showed 0.0.19.

So I attempted to fix by just changing the version number in addons to 0.0.19.  Now I could see it in the GUI "my addons" but still failed to update with same symptoms.  I tried some other measures but in the end I

- removed all copies of addon from the addons/packages folder
- removed all folders in the addons/temp folder
- removed the addon itself from addons.

Now on a restart Kodi complained about the missing dependency and successfully downloaded and installed the studio icons (white) resource image pack ver 0.0.20.  However, when I went into my addons and clicked on the "update" option it was showing ver 0.0.19.  I once again opened up addons27.db and the addons table was showing 0.0.19 so again I edited that to 0.0.20 and did a restart.  Now AFAICT it is working as it should.

I have no idea if this was a one-time thing but just a heads-up if anyone else has problem with continued update failing to install.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Thanks, it helped me too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon update repeated fails1