v18 4k really washed out, 1080p fine
(2019-04-19, 13:52)Wanilton Wrote: Use the new Kodi 19 (M*** generation), have a re-work rendering and decoding video on windows code was merged.

Improvements by Afedchin

added experimental HDR10 support for d3d11 processor
re-written WinRenderer and WinRenderBuffer because they were overloaded with code.
re-written DXVA decoding, now decoder uses its own d3d11 device and share surfaces (if possible)
added support HDR->SDR conversion for dxva processor (if a driver support it)
some cosmetics changes.

Link to download:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/windows...er-x64.exe

Kodi 19 is currently alpha and there is likely to be a lot of activity in the coming weeks/months. There will be some breakage. For now, it's the same Kodi Leia with a few more fixes and improvements, all fine for use.
Sorry to wake up an old thread here.

Is there something I need to do to enable this?  I've been testing with a file that is 4k HDR10 on a 1050 Ti going to a 4k HDR TV.  I'm on Windows 10 1903.

Using DSPlayer I know this setup works.  But I would really like to get back to vanilla Kodi if at all possible an no matter how many hoops are required.

Or am I interpreting "added experimental HDR10 support for d3d11 processor" incorrectly?

If you need a guinnea pig I will do my best to try out all of the possible options and tweaks.
(2019-07-22, 08:59)topherhead Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 13:52)Wanilton Wrote: Use the new Kodi 19 (M*** generation), have a re-work rendering and decoding video on windows code was merged.

Improvements by Afedchin

re-written WinRenderer and WinRenderBuffer because they were overloaded with code.
re-written DXVA decoding, now decoder uses its own d3d11 device and share surfaces (if possible)
some cosmetics changes.

Link to download:

Kodi 19 is currently alpha and there is likely to be a lot of activity in the coming weeks/months. There will be some breakage. For now, it's the same Kodi Leia with a few more fixes and improvements, all fine for use.

Is there something I need to do to enable this?  I've been testing with a file that is 4k HDR10 on a 1050 Ti going to a 4k HDR TV.  I'm on Windows 10 1903.

Using DSPlayer I know this setup works.  But I would really like to get back to vanilla Kodi if at all possible an no matter how many hoops are required.

Or am I interpreting "added experimental HDR10 support for d3d11 processor" incorrectly?

If you need a guinnea pig I will do my best to try out all of the possible options and tweaks. 

Hi, not sure if it’s applicable to this.
I’m using a Panasonic FHD plasma P50V11s.
My HTPC is using Nvidia GTX1650, CPU is i3 3220.
I’ve “maximised” the display settings recommendations in Kodi such as
1) Unchecked use limited Color range(16-235).
2)OSD/video setting/Video scaling method to Lanczos3.

However 4K movies are white washed.
Cut story short, dig into Nvidia control panel.

1st pic is using video player settings. Notice the Advanced option showing dynamic range =limited 16-235.
2nd pic is use Nvidia setting & i adjusted with the gamma settings.
3rd pic is use Nvidia setting % i changed the advanced option dynamic range to Full.
(2020-04-26, 07:37)Waterbottle23 Wrote:
(2019-07-22, 08:59)topherhead Wrote:

Improvements by Afedchin

some cosmetics changes.

Link to download:

1st pic is using video player settings. Notice the Advanced option showing dynamic range =limited 16-235.
3rd pic is use Nvidia setting % i changed the advanced option dynamic range to Full. 
Yeah that's not the same.  The P50V11S doesn't support HDR.  What you're doing there is trying to blow out the muted colors to make them look natural again, but it's not going to give you accurate color.  even your "Final" image looks flat.

For your TV you need to do HDR -> SDR tone mapping.  Fortunately for you later versions of Kodi support this.  Just go into the video settings and enabled it.  3DLUT is the typical setting you want.
(2020-04-26, 08:01)topherhead Wrote:
(2019-07-22, 08:59)topherhead Wrote: Sorry to wake up an old thread here.

Yeah that's not the same.  The P50V11S doesn't support HDR.  What you're doing there is trying to blow out the muted colors to make them look natural again, but it's not going to give you accurate color.  even your "Final" image looks flat.

For your TV you need to do HDR -> SDR tone mapping.  Fortunately for you later versions of Kodi support this.  Just go into the video settings and enabled it.  3DLUT is the typical setting you want. 

Hi, any link to download the 3DLut file? 
Thanks.

Sorry can’t find the edit button on my previous thread.

Hi, I managed to find and dl the 3DLut file from a thread in kodi.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2591215

Revert back to Nvidia control panel to use player settings.
Choose the 1st file which is 300, the brightest i suppose.

The image is popping. But 300 is quite dark. 
Going to play around with the video settings again.
Thanks for the tip on 3Dlut.

Looking to upgrade my screen to Optoma P1

Upgraded my tv to uhd 4k.
Found that playing Kodi also washed out.
Then discovered I’m using windows 8.1 which doesn’t support hdr.
Then I upgraded to win 10 n enable hdr but Kodi 4k still washer out.
Then I changed the color format ycrcb to 422 10bit.
Then Kodi hdr looks good!
(2020-05-10, 01:57)Waterbottle23 Wrote:
(2020-04-26, 07:37)Waterbottle23 Wrote: Hi, not sure if it’s applicable to this.

Where did you change the color format?
(2020-11-23, 01:12)desertfaze Wrote:
(2020-05-10, 01:57)Waterbottle23 Wrote:
(2020-04-26, 08:01)topherhead Wrote: Yeah that's not the same.  The P50V11S doesn't support HDR.  What you're doing there is trying to blow out the muted colors to make them look natural again, but it's not going to give you accurate color.  even your "Final" image looks flat.

Where did you change the color format?

Hi sorry for late reply. It’s on Windows10 graphic settings.
But that’s before Kodi19 nightly released.
Now with Kodi19, everything works great without meddling with windows graphic setting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4k really washed out, 1080p fine0