Is it possile to run kodi alongside a desktop in indepndent monitors?
Hello,

I'm a long time user of kodi in several forms (desktop, android, osmc ...) and can't find an answer for this.

Basically I want a setup where a desktop computer is connected to two screens, on of them a TV showing kodi and managed by the remote, and the other one showing a regular session manager all other desktop applications and managed by keyboard and mouse. Of course the key here is that one instance can't interfere with the other one. Otherwise I could just extend screen and run kodi as usual.

I  researched about kodi standalone, but still don't get if this is possible.

If anyone needs some context, here is the story: I got a rpi one on my tv that it's really showing its age and I want to replace it. But since there is just a wall between my desktop and my dinning room TV I want to setup a small desktop computer to do both tasks.

Any comment is welcome.
(2019-04-14, 12:12)asimov-solensan Wrote: Basically I want a setup where a desktop computer is connected to two screens, on of them a TV showing kodi and managed by the remote, and the other one showing a regular session manager all other desktop applications and managed by keyboard and mouse.

Kodi doesn't support independent multi-monitor setups. You can use Kodi on multiple monitors but only in "clone-mode", all with the same video resolution.

Maybe someday, in the not-so-distant future. Smile
This is a bit messy, but you can try setting up Xorg multiseat: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xorg_multiseat.
Well these two messages mostly clear my doubts. I might try playing with xorg but maybe after finishing some other projects I have in mind.

Thanks a lot for the information.
(2019-04-14, 12:34)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 12:12)asimov-solensan Wrote: Basically I want a setup where a desktop computer is connected to two screens, on of them a TV showing kodi and managed by the remote, and the other one showing a regular session manager all other desktop applications and managed by keyboard and mouse.
meilleur crédit
Kodi doesn't support independent multi-monitor setups. You can use Kodi on multiple monitors but only in "clone-mode", all with the same video resolution.

Maybe someday, in the not-so-distant future. Smile 
Thank you for your answer Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possile to run kodi alongside a desktop in indepndent monitors?0