Protecting certain folder with a PIN
Hi I am useng Kodi for some time and enjoy it. bUt now I have a new box and jumt into my older problem. 
I am searching for an add-on that can protect acces to  folders with a passwordt or PIN
I know there was an addon  called pinsentry that worked for me from an old repo,  but  that add-on seems to be discontinued.

On my search , I found on github a zip for pinsentry but I have no clue it I could just add that zip as a repo? Is there a risk in trying so?
Is there anything else I could use, some newer addon that I missed.?
I tried the build in 'parental control' does not work for me, this feels more like a lime limmitting access blocker. 
I also tried using two profiles but That is to easy to forget to switch back.  Al tool like pinsentry work so much more convinientSmile
Folder protection should be done on OS level, not on application (=Kodi) level IMHO.

(2019-04-14, 12:48)bhennink Wrote: I found on github a zip for pinsentry but I have no clue it I could just add that zip as a repo?

I doubt very much that planting any zip file in Kodi will work just like that.
(2019-04-14, 13:38)Klojum Wrote: Folder protection should be done on OS level, not on application (=Kodi) level IMHO.
(2019-04-14, 12:48)bhennink Wrote: I found on github a zip for pinsentry but I have no clue it I could just add that zip as a repo?

I doubt very much that planting any zip file in Kodi will work just like that. 
Hi Klojum, I looked inside the zip:
There I find there files like plugin.phy, addon.xml  pinsentry images a resourses folder and some more PY files.
From this I got the feeling this could be isntalled as a plugin, but I am a bit carefull with this new box
(2019-04-14, 13:38)Klojum Wrote:  
I Came from mediaportal which also had similar parental controll functionality.  This is sufficient for normal mediaplayer use via the remote.
Looking at the requirenments for a plugin in https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_structure gives me even more the feeling that this addon could be installed 
It looks like teh required files for an add-on are there.
Looks like you found the 'standalone' addon.
You can try and drop it into the \addons dir.
If it has no other dependencies (never used the addon) it should work provided it is written for the kodi version you are using.
Keep in mind that if you drop a dir without going trough the install routine, the addon will be disabled, so after placement will need to be manually enabled.

Good luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Protecting certain folder with a PIN0