Please Help, Retro-Player on Raspbian?
Hello, I've been trying for a few days now to get the Retroplayer part installed into Kodi. I am also using Rasbian OS on my Raspberry Pi 3. I really like the idea of being able to go back and forth between the desktop and Kodi without having to terminal. For but some reason it doesn't seem the build (sudo apt-get install kodi) comes with the Emulators section. Can someone please help me figure out how to get them? Thank you, I find retroplayer to be a lot more user friendly for me when I was using Kodi as a standalone OS.
(2019-04-15, 08:25)KUPOkinz Wrote: Hello, I've been trying for a few days now to get the Retroplayer part installed into Kodi. I am also using Rasbian OS on my Raspberry Pi 3. I really like the idea of being able to go back and forth between the desktop and Kodi without having to terminal. For but some reason it doesn't seem the build (sudo apt-get install kodi) comes with the Emulators section. Can someone please help me figure out how to get them? Thank you, I find retroplayer to be a lot more user friendly for me when I was using Kodi as a standalone OS.
Hi KUPOkinz, everyone,

Did you happen to figure out how to get emulators available in Raspbian (now Raspberry Pi OS)? I'm stuck at the same place as you: Have installed various packages with apt-get(*), but there is still no "Emulators" section in "Kodi Addon-Repository > Game Addons". Only "Controller profiles", "Game providers", and "Standalone games". So I get stuck early on when trying to follow the Getting started guide (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340684).

Does anybody know which further packages/addons/repositories/... I would have to install to get emulators in Raspberry Pi OS?

Thanks,
Frank

(*)
bash:

apt-get install kodi kodi-game-libretro retroarch pcsxr libretro-gambatte
Ok, I think I have found one way of getting emulators into a Raspberry Pi OS + Kodi setup:

Kodi Libretro Buildbot Game Addons Repository: With this repository added I now have lots of "Game Addons - Emulators" and starting them from a game source like IAGL works for the simple examples that I have tested. Now I just need to get my controller setup working Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please Help, Retro-Player on Raspbian?0