how to downgrade kodi
Hello.

I'm running libreelec 9, which contains kodi 18.1. I've noticed issues with video stuttering and audio offset problems. To fix them, I'd like to go back to either kodi 18.0 or kodi 17.6.

Is this possible without re-installing? What is the process?

Thanks!
If you open the LE configuration add-on you can switch between manual and automatic updating.

If you switch to manual you can then select which version of LE you want to "update" to, either LE 8.x (based on Kodi Krypton v17.x) or LE 9.x (based on Leia 18.x). Once you've done that the next entry down allows the choice of which specific LE sub-version to install.

Through that you can chose back a few versions, including what you're looking for (although you'll need to check in the website documentation which exact version of Kodi is in which version of LE).

It can also be done by downloading the relevant .img.gz file from the LE downloads page and dropping it into the update folder of your Pi if you prefer that route. But using the configuration editor add-on is simpler I think.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Just know that not all skin/addon settings are easily downgradable . Expect some breakage.
(2019-04-15, 16:45)mrfeh Wrote: To fix them, I'd like to go back to either kodi 18.0 or kodi 17.6.

Yeah. Downgrading is the way better option instead of fixing your actual problem which is most likely a setting probllem if it comes to stuttering videos. There are really a huge amount of ppl out there who are using LibreELEC 9.0.1 on their RPi without any issues.

You should really consider to post a Debug Log of that behaviour and I highly guess we are able to fix that problem instead of downgrading to an outdated LibreELEC and an outdated Kodi version. There will be a time you need to upgrade anyway.

Anyway. I won't stop you from downgrading. Just saying that "downgrading" isn't "fixing" at all. Maybe there's still a bug somewhere which the LibreELEC team would like to fix. Without the infos from your side, and if there's an issue, that won't be fixed at all.
(2019-04-16, 15:07)DaVu Wrote:
(2019-04-15, 16:45)mrfeh Wrote: To fix them, I'd like to go back to either kodi 18.0 or kodi 17.6.

Yeah. Downgrading is the way better option instead of fixing your actual problem which is most likely a setting probllem if it comes to stuttering videos. There are really a huge amount of ppl out there who are using LibreELEC 9.0.1 on their RPi without any issues.

You should really consider to post a Debug Log of that behaviour and I highly guess we are able to fix that problem instead of downgrading to an outdated LibreELEC and an outdated Kodi version. There will be a time you need to upgrade anyway.

Anyway. I won't stop you from downgrading. Just saying that "downgrading" isn't "fixing" at all. Maybe there's still a bug somewhere which the LibreELEC team would like to fix. Without the infos from your side, and if there's an issue, that won't be fixed at all. 

I actually found quite a few forum posts (don't remember if it was on this site or another) about stuttering issues on RPis using recent code (not sure if it was recent versions of Kodi or recent versions of libreelec).

I downgraded to LE 8.2, which contains kodi 17.6, and everything works splendidly now.

I was once willing to spend hours troubleshooting such issues, but I no longer am. I just want a PVR that works; I don't care if the software is a couple years old.
Next time you update make a backup (in libreelec settings) before you do.  It makes going back straightforward.
Alternatively image your sd card with win32diskimager / usbit or similar before updates.

Rolling back sometimes works okay but it's a bit of a lottery.
(2019-04-15, 17:23)DarrenHill Wrote: If you open the LE configuration add-on you can switch between manual and automatic updating.

If you switch to manual you can then select which version of LE you want to "update" to, either LE 8.x (based on Kodi Krypton v17.x) or LE 9.x (based on Leia 18.x). Once you've done that the next entry down allows the choice of which specific LE sub-version to install.

Through that you can chose back a few versions, including what you're looking for (although you'll need to check in the website documentation which exact version of Kodi is in which version of LE).

It can also be done by downloading the relevant .img.gz file from the LE downloads page and dropping it into the update folder of your Pi if you prefer that route. But using the configuration editor add-on is simpler I think.
Hmmm, I'd like to downgrade as well. I think I also have the problem that with Kodi 18, the resolution of my screens doesn't get detected correctly and it drives me nuts wasting so much time on that thing. the LE downloads page doesn't show any content for me, though and I can only find Kodi Krypton downloads for other platforms than RP. I did switch my LE config to  manual and even rebooted, but in the version selection popup, I get no options.
(2020-08-20, 12:32)inowheeno Wrote:
(2019-04-15, 17:23)DarrenHill Wrote: If you open the LE configuration add-on you can switch between manual and automatic updating.

Hmmm, I'd like to downgrade as well. I think I also have the problem that with Kodi 18, the resolution of my screens doesn't get detected correctly and it drives me nuts wasting so much time on that thing. the LE downloads page doesn't show any content for me, though and I can only find Kodi Krypton downloads for other platforms than RP. I did switch my LE config to  manual and even rebooted, but in the version selection popup, I get no options.
They probably removed the Krypton downloads given it's so outdated & no longer supported. Your issue can probably be easily fixed by editing the config.ini file, I'm sure I've seen that issue before. Ask on the LE forums, they'll no doubt have a fix.
(2019-04-15, 16:45)mrfeh Wrote: I've noticed issues with video stuttering and audio offset problems. To fix them, I'd like to go back to either kodi 18.0 or kodi 17.6.

That is not fixing the problem. That is avoiding the problem. And problems in newer versions do not get fixed automagically by downgrading the Kodi version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to downgrade kodi0