3.3.15 update
In Kodi realtime and normal time shift the video play back is great.  However, in normal timeshift, Kodi will crash if you try to skip forward or backwards.
In NextPVR the video play back is perfect and I can skip forward and backwards without any problems.

Thus far, the problem with extended timeshift seems to be when I try to skip forward to offset 0sec.  That's when the video becomes corrupted.  Maybe there could be a what to prevent a user from skipping forward too much?
Ok thanks.   Do you have EPG Mode configured in NextPVR?  Also to go to 0 seconds are you using the arrow button on the UI?

Martin
On some channels I have schedules direct setup and on other channels I'm using the over-the-air EPG.

I have been using the arrow keys on my keyboard and clicking on the arrows on the UI to fast forward to 0 seconds.
Could you check if the Timeshifting Mode is EPG Base http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?....Misc#toc6 I doubt if that will make a difference.   Not sure why you don't have SD for all your channels,  but if there is data then then shouldn't be a factor.   It is an odd problem because you have a reasonable machine and the file is not the local drive so it should not be an issue.  Perhaps it is something else like advanced buffer settings in Kodi or even your virus scanner causing issues.

Martin
(2019-10-22, 14:19)emveepee Wrote: Could you check if the Timeshifting Mode is EPG Base http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?....Misc#toc6 I doubt if that will make a difference.   Not sure why you don't have SD for all your channels,  but if there is data then then shouldn't be a factor.   It is an odd problem because you have a reasonable machine and the file is not the local drive so it should not be an issue.  Perhaps it is something else like advanced buffer settings in Kodi or even your virus scanner causing issues.

Martin

Hi Martin,

I tried setting nextpvr into EPG mode. But it did not seem to make any difference. Not all of my channels use schedules direct because some of the channels don't seem to be listed in schedules Direct. It's not a big deal because they are channels I don't really care to watch anyways. Can you point me where some of the advanced Kodi settings are? I can give them a try.
I can have a look at your NextPVR logs to see what might be causing this problem with your tuner if you'd like but EPG mode is disappearing and timeshift is changing for v5 of NextPVR so if there is a server issue I don't think it will be fixed.

Kodi has a good wiki for usage questions.

Martin
Which log would like me to upload.  Seems like there are a couple web.log, NRecord.log, NPVR.log?
Posting the zip of all your logs and the Kodi debug log is recommended.  It probably is easier to to this on the NextPVR forum.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3.3.15 update0