v18 Kodi freezes or crashes when waking from sleep
I'm running 18.1 on Windows 7 and when the pc resumes from sleep Kodi is not working. Kodi is still shown on the taskbar but the graphical window is gone and nothing happens when clicking on the taskbar icon. Force closing and restarting Kodi fixes it but 17.6 rarely ever had problems with the pc sleeping.

https://paste.kodi.tv/urezagagig.kodi
xml:
Host CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8 cores available
The problem is the age of your hardware- 2nd generation. I guess the manufacturers drivers are outdated and you are probably using a generic windows driver. Nothing to be done about it.

I have a similar issue with my i5-4440 where switching on the tv results in a black screen, forcing me to toggle the backslash button to revive the display.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Why is this suddenly an issue with 18 when 17 works perfectly?
I cannot give you a technical explanation. But you do understand that components in new versions get upgraded, right? I know FFMPEG was bumped a couple of versions, so maybe that is the cause?

Switch back to v17.6 if it worked ok, or invest in a cheaper, but more current graphics card, which is what I intend to do soon.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Well that's pretty lousy, this system is more than powerful enough so it's sad a technical issue is messing stuff up.

I actually just noticed that this issue occurs when my tv and receiver are turned off also. Seems to be an issue with monitor detection and not sleep like I initially though.
(2019-04-16, 02:09)pball Wrote: Well that's pretty lousy, this system is more than powerful enough so it's sad a technical issue is messing stuff up.

I actually just noticed that this issue occurs when my tv and receiver are turned off also. Seems to be an issue with monitor detection and not sleep like I initially though.

Hi, have you found a solution? I have the same problem.
Thanks
(2020-03-04, 14:40)Flop Wrote:
(2019-04-16, 02:09)pball Wrote: Well that's pretty lousy, this system is more than powerful enough so it's sad a technical issue is messing stuff up.

Hi, have you found a solution? I have the same problem.
Thanks 

Nope, been using 17.6 all this time. Thought about getting a 1030 graphics card but didn't feel like investing that much. Thinking more and more about just building a cheap itx ryzen system since the raspi 4 didn't work for me.
(2019-04-16, 02:09)pball Wrote: just noticed that this issue occurs when my tv and receiver are turned off also. Seems to be an issue with monitor detection and not sleep
Loss of handshake will produce this error, Kodi requires a restart to refresh the device detection. If 17.6 works for you, and you have no need to update, why fix what isn't broken?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi freezes or crashes when waking from sleep0