Subscene and Opensubtitles (Can't find any subtitles)
Hi.

I'm running Kodi on my Nvidia Shield in my livingroom. Currently running the most stable build from the android store (Kodi Leia 18.1 I believe). I also have Kodi running 18.1 in my bedroom on a Raspberry Pi on LibreELEC, and here I have the same problem.

Recently I've been unable to find any subtitles when using subscene (My main subtitles addon), and after being annoyed with that, I tried starting using Opensubtitles. But even here I found myself unable to find any subtitles (however due to different reasons).

Subscene:
When I opened the subtitles menu it used to show subtitles almost instantly. Now it returns with "unable to find any subtitles".

Opensubtitles:
Returns with "wrong login information" or something alike.

Am I the only one with trouble connecting to either subtitle services? I am very able to log on to both services using either my desktop, laptop and even phone. I managed to download a few subtitles manually and deploying them on my media server to view them along with my videos, but that gets tedious in the long run.

I will get my hands on some logs, but foremost I was wondering if I am the only one reporting this problem..?
(2019-04-16, 09:45)zeliax Wrote: I also have Kodi running 18.1 in my bedroom on a Raspberry Pi on OpenELEC, and here I have the same problem.

OpenELEC is totally outdated and hasn't been developed/updated for two years, so it is missing the newest features/addons/etcetera. I suggest you upgrade to LibreELEC for the Raspberry Pi.

Your Nvidia Shield should be uptodate with Kodi 18.1 and all subtitle provider addons. OpenSubtitles does have its "timeouts" for website/database maintenance. Try at some other time of day.
(2019-04-16, 12:01)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-04-16, 09:45)zeliax Wrote: I also have Kodi running 18.1 in my bedroom on a Raspberry Pi on OpenELEC, and here I have the same problem.

OpenELEC is totally outdated and hasn't been developed/updated for two years, so it is missing the newest features/addons/etcetera. I suggest you upgrade to LibreELEC for the Raspberry Pi.

Your Nvidia Shield should be uptodate with Kodi 18.1 and all subtitle provider addons. OpenSubtitles does have its "timeouts" for website/database maintenance. Try at some other time of day. 

OpenELEC. Lol. Did I write that. I am running LibreELEC with Kodi 18.1 (changed it in my original post). 

We're not talking small timeouts. We're talking all the time. Subscene never (for the past 3-4 months) finds any subtitles, but it used to. Opensubtitles have not been able to log in at all. It actually never worked. Once I tried an entire day, and checking their website it was working fine.

Something is really wrong.
Have you looked in the subscene thread?
Hint - it's just under this one.
(2019-04-16, 12:56)trogggy Wrote: Have you looked in the subscene thread?
Hint - it's just under this one.

Thanks. I'll subscribe to that one. Seems like I'm not the only one.

However that doesn't explain why I can't log in, and find subtitles using OpenSubtitles.
Can you log in and find subtitles on the opensubtitles website?
Have you looked at any of the opensubtitles threads in this forum?
(2019-04-16, 14:59)trogggy Wrote: Can you log in and find subtitles on the opensubtitles website?
Have you looked at any of the opensubtitles threads in this forum?

Yes I can. However the OpenSubtitles Kodi plugin tells me that my login credentials are invalid or something similar.

I did a while back and someone linked a plugin which was modified, to not use credentials, however that didn't work either.
I've just tested opensubtitles in kodi and it worked fine.
That's on windows 10, kodi 18.1, opensubtitles addon from the official repo using my login details from the opensubs site.
(2019-04-16, 12:35)zeliax Wrote: Something is really wrong.
OpenSubtitles works for me. Did you enter your login credentials?
(2019-04-16, 16:24)Klojum Wrote:

I get the following screen when trying to search for subtitles. 

I am using the same credentials as I am using on opensubtitles.org. I just tried logging in from my desktop and here I have no problems. I get the same error when trying on my Raspberry Pi running LibreELEC.
Given it's working for others you need to link to a debug log to have any hope of getting help.
I see that the website of OpenSubtitles.org now starts with a login page.
Perhaps some things have changed there.

Login is required now via the website: Access denied; you need to login or register
(2019-04-16, 19:30)trogggy Wrote: Given it's working for others you need to link to a debug log to have any hope of getting help.

Yeah. I figured that out as mentioned in the first post. I haven't had access to my Shield before now.

kodi.log

As far as I can see from the debug log, nothing seems to fail (that is "no exceptions").
(2019-04-16, 19:12)zeliax Wrote:
(2019-04-16, 16:24)Klojum Wrote:

I am using the same credentials as I am using on opensubtitles.org. I just tried logging in from my desktop and here I have no problems. I get the same error when trying on my Raspberry Pi running LibreELEC. 
Try re-entering your password. That worked for me when I had this problem.
(2019-04-23, 05:06)pallisvans Wrote:
(2019-04-16, 19:12)zeliax Wrote:
(2019-04-16, 16:24)Klojum Wrote: OpenSubtitles works for me. Did you enter your login credentials?     

Try re-entering your password. That worked for me when I had this problem. 
Thanks for the suggestion, but this was the first I did when the error occurred.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subscene and Opensubtitles (Can't find any subtitles)0