• 81(current)
v19 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0)
(2020-07-30, 11:26)tkgafs Wrote:
(2020-07-30, 10:22)mcelliott Wrote:
(2020-07-30, 10:16)tkgafs Wrote: I know this is a v19 thread but are any of the v18 builds still available online anywhere ?

any I try on the v18 testbuild thread come up error 404 file not found

thanks
Version 18 is now the official release, which has all the fixes that were tested in that thread an included.

it's the tar files I'm looking for, I can only find full .img files on the libreelec site. So I can drop them into the upgrade folder of a running system on an old rpi1 B+ I'm doing some experimenting on
Looks like they have been removed.

You can update using the .img.gz file

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/how_to/update_libreelec
(2020-07-29, 12:08)HiassofT Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 10:53)Salamek Wrote:
(2020-07-27, 16:50)Tristreeple Wrote: Hi,
With this latest version, have tried to run VNC (addon Raspberry Pi VNC using dispmanx) ? from me, it doesn't work.
config.txt
journal-cur
cmdline.txt

same here  Undecided cannot get vnc working on the new build on RPi4. On my older RPi3+ Vnc worked just fine...

RPi4 (and now in LE master also RPi1-3) don't use dispmanx anymore, the RPi VNC dispmanx addon is scheduled for removal.

so long,

Hias
Do we have another option to remote control the GUI? Is there gonna be a VNC update or similar remote desktop tool available?
(2020-07-29, 12:08)HiassofT Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 10:53)Salamek Wrote:
(2020-07-27, 16:50)Tristreeple Wrote: Hi,
With this latest version, have tried to run VNC (addon Raspberry Pi VNC using dispmanx) ? from me, it doesn't work.
config.txt
journal-cur
cmdline.txt

same here  Undecided cannot get vnc working on the new build on RPi4. On my older RPi3+ Vnc worked just fine...

RPi4 (and now in LE master also RPi1-3) don't use dispmanx anymore, the RPi VNC dispmanx addon is scheduled for removal.

so long,

Hias

Thx your reply Smile
Do any of these builds have 3D MVC (frame-packed) working for the RPI4?  I'd like to give it a test if possible.  Thanks!
(2020-08-07, 19:39)SofaKng Wrote: Do any of these builds have 3D MVC (frame-packed) working for the RPI4?  I'd like to give it a test if possible.  Thanks!
No, at now no 3D nor 4k output is working.
I have updated my RPI 3b+ to the latest build.

I have noticed trying to see the HEVC software decoding improvements that in fact on this latest build is being forced HEVC HW decoding which obviously the RPI3 B+ doesn't have causing blank screens followed by crashes.

Are you guys aware of this bug?

Is there a way to circumvent this?

Please, let me know

Thanks.
(2020-08-09, 07:28)hbbs Wrote: I have updated my RPI 3b+ to the latest build.

I have noticed trying to see the HEVC software decoding improvements that in fact on this latest build is being forced HEVC HW decoding which obviously the RPI3 B+ doesn't have causing blank screens followed by crashes.
Did you see this?
Quote:Notice: RPi2 users may need to raise gpu_mem higher than 320 if experiencing HEVC playback issues (CMMALPool errors, crashes).

It appears the latest kodi with ffmpeg-4.3 is using significantly more GPU memory than previous kodi/ffmpeg-4.2 versions

There is a fix for this (which hasn't made it into these builds yet), but for now increase gpu_mem.
I've noticed a bug with #717, which I've been using for a couple of weeks. Should I report it here?
(2020-08-18, 13:35)Halloway Wrote: I've noticed a bug with #717, which I've been using for a couple of weeks. Should I report it here?

Maybe. If you describe it we'll know more. Was it new in #717 (and not in previous build)?
(2020-08-18, 14:39)popcornmix Wrote:
(2020-08-18, 13:35)Halloway Wrote: I've noticed a bug with #717, which I've been using for a couple of weeks. Should I report it here?

Maybe. If you describe it we'll know more. Was it new in #717 (and not in previous build)?
I've only recently acquired a RPi4 and #717 is the first build I've used.
The issue is that when playing widescreen 1080p h.265 videos the picture seems to shifted one pixel to the right such that what should be the rightmost column of pixels is actually displayed on the left hand edge of the screen. (I'd post a screenshot but that function doesn't seem to be working - all you get are black pngs.) The issue doesn't seem to be evident on h.264 videos or videos in 4:3 ratio.
The 1 pixel wrap is known (it's mentioned on first page of this post).
A workaround hides it in most circumstances (but not for some scaling factors).

The issue is in the kernel kms driver and a fix is present upstream but hasn't been ported back to 5.4 kernel.
This is being worked on currently.
(2020-08-18, 17:07)popcornmix Wrote: The 1 pixel wrap is known (it's mentioned on first page of this post).
A workaround hides it in most circumstances (but not for some scaling factors).

The issue is in the kernel kms driver and a fix is present upstream but hasn't been ported back to 5.4 kernel.
This is being worked on currently.

Thanks, will check it out.
is there still development going on? It has been quiet here for over a month. At least 4k SDR and 3D output should be realized (won't dream about HDR). I am now celebrating the RPi4 lying around unused for over a year
(2020-08-19, 19:23)querty1000 Wrote: is there still development going on? It has been quiet here for over a month. At least 4k SDR and 3D output should be realized (won't dream about HDR). I am now celebrating the RPi4 lying around unused for over a year
Just use it!

My TV server is running latest official libreelec, and my living room system is running the latest testbuild, both on RPi4.
I use my RPi4 with Kodi everyday. Sure, I'd love to see the HDR/4K working perfect but in the meantime it does play other formats and all audio formats very good atm Smile
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0)8