• 77(current)
v19 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0)
(2020-06-29, 17:59)gandharva Wrote:
(2020-06-29, 09:42)mcelliott Wrote:
(2020-06-28, 13:52)gandharva Wrote: Sound problems on Pi4 are really starting to annoy me. Sad

Passtrough is broken since my first install on Pi4. Have to start movies 10 times or even more to get it working, because my av receiver simply sticks to Stereo and nothing happens beside crackling noise after skipping trough the movie.

#0626 now also broke PCM setup (5.0) Rears are switched with fronts.
Kodi/LibreElec on RPi4 is a work in progress, and this thread is to support development. If you want to get it working, post logs. If you want something that 'just works', you are better sticking with more established hardware and an official release version.

Remember, we don't know what receiver you have or how it is connected. You can't expect developers to search through every post you have made. Whenever you report an issue, give all information that might be relevant.
Thanks captain obvious! Wink

Btw.: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2946505

7 pages earlier in the thread, which requires someone to actively go looking for it. I have no intention of trying to cause bad feeling, but you need to recognise that everyone working on Kodi is a volunteer, and if you want fixes for your particular usage case, you need to give complete and useful information, and then be prepared to be patient until someone with the expertise and hardware to reproduce the problem has the time and inclination.
(2020-06-29, 23:13)mcelliott Wrote: I have no intention of trying to cause bad feeling, but [blah]
Do not worry. No bad feelings. You are just annoying.
@gandharva - please keep your conduct towards other members here civil.

Use of terms like "Captain Obvious" and calling people annoying is not the kind of standards we expect here based on our forum rules (wiki).

Consider this a friendly warning.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Are the Rpi4 builds working reliably with 1080p HEVC 10bit files yet? I knew several months or so ago, they were not there yet.
(2020-07-01, 20:40)J_E_F_F Wrote: Are the Rpi4 builds working reliably with 1080p HEVC 10bit files yet? I knew several months or so ago, they were not there yet.
HEVC is fine.
The Windows version of Matrix has now been merged with the fork of the HDR edition. Is this anyhow relevant or has an impact on the Libreelec version as well. Or to ask the other way around: Is HDR working here?
Thumbs Up 
(2020-07-02, 11:49)popcornmix Wrote:
(2020-07-01, 20:40)J_E_F_F Wrote: Are the Rpi4 builds working reliably with 1080p HEVC 10bit files yet? I knew several months or so ago, they were not there yet.
HEVC is fine.

arrived, installed, updated, configured, working like a champ, thanks
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/pull/3717

Nice! Looking forward to test this.
(2020-07-15, 17:51)gandharva Wrote: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/pull/3717

Nice! Looking forward to test this.

Yeah, time for the next testbuild.
Unfortuntely RPi and RPi2 LibreELEC builds are not currently buildable (with ffmpeg-4.3) or are unusable (with ffmpeg-4.3 + gbm/v4l2: kernel panics, system hangs, unplayable media etc.) so it's not possible at this time to publish new test builds for all projects (and I only intend on publishing "official" test builds for *all* projects, rather than some!). Trust me, you certainly don't want RPi/RPi2 builds at this time...

Complicating matters is a Music database bump (v78 to v79, PR:18079) which means that new test builds of RPi4 and Generic (which do build OK with ffmpeg-4.3) would not be compatible with RPi/RPi2 devices running #0626 in a shared database environment.

So until the RPi/RPi2 build and run-time issues are resolved there's not likely to be any further "official" bleeding-edge test builds. Sad

I have however uploaded an "unofficial" RPi4 test build that does include the HBR changes, but this also includes the MyMusic db bump to v79 so update at your own risk (if using a shared db environment)!

An earlier build was confirmed to have working HBR so I assume this version does to (my RPi4 isn't connected to an AV amp so I've no idea).

RPi4: #0715b
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for that information. This explains the delay in testbuilds. I can only imagine that keeping up backward compatibility to old raspberry devices is going to cause more and more headaches over time.

Thanks for the unofficial build!
(2020-07-16, 03:44)Milhouse Wrote: Unfortuntely RPi and RPi2 LibreELEC builds are not currently buildable (with ffmpeg-4.3)

This should have been fixed here
Testbuild 0715b:
DTS-HD Master and Atmos played with stuttering and Dropouts.

BTW: what is prefered and the difference between EGL and Direct to Plane on the video section?
Testbuild RPi4: #0715b
DTS-HD Master/DTS X  Dolby TrueHD and Atmos all plays without any issues here Smile
This is exellent! 

When HDR passthrough comes this will be a fantastic bit of hw Smile
(2020-07-16, 14:33)querty1000 Wrote: BTW: what is prefered and the difference between EGL and Direct to Plane on the video section?

Direct to plane is much more efficient (as the name suggests).
I wouldn't expect EGL to work for HD videos as there's much greater overhead.
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0)8