v19 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)
Hello.

First of all, huge thanks for all of the work you do with these builds. I regularly use these but sadly don't contribute as much as I would like but since I only use my KODI in a much simpler way than others then usually there's little I can add. However, there is one pretty major issue (to me) which I have recently seen crop up in some other discussions that I hope you can help with.

When using full DVD images (whether ISO or folder) movement between menus has 'stuck' if the movement is from a menu screen with a video playing in the background to a static screen. The menu is still there but the screen does not update to show it. Therefore pressing enter will start to play the feature or episode. This issue is much more prevalent in TV series where the menu option selected is to move to an episode select screen for example, Dr Who DVDs.

However This issue ONLY happens when 'Allow MPEG2 hardware acceleration-VAAPI'  is set to ON in the main player settings menu. With this turned off then the menu operates as usual but then the use of anything like Lanczos3 reults in choppy playback (on my NUC6CAYH especially). Which is a shame as it runs really well with it enabled otherwise.

i have read that it may be an issue that when entering such screens that the menu is set with a framerate of 0. If this helps at all.

I really hope I've managed to shed any light on this issue if it is affecting anyone other than me Smile but i do have a large collection of 100s of isos I have transferred from my disc collection so It would be difficult to rerip every one in a different format.

Many many thanks for your time. I hope anything above is of use.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0) - by tenbensuns - 2020-04-22, 02:30
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)3