FF skip steps not working
For some reason, skip steps don't work. When watching a recorded tv show for example, it doesn't matter how many times I press FF, it only skips 10secs. It used to do 10, 30, 60, etc but may have changed when I used keymap editor add-on when my Harmony remote skip button wasn't working correctly (it would fast forward instead of skip). I have all skip steps selected in the settings.

Any ideas.....?
You need to check your keymap to see whether anything if is mapped to FF, to use skip steps it should be the action StepForward
(2019-04-17, 12:08)jjd-uk Wrote: You need to check your keymap to see whether anything if is mapped to FF, to use skip steps it should be the action StepForward

Thanks
Tried mapping step forward and step back but still only get 10 secs!
Skip Steps is not working on both my Android tablet and Windows tablet. I edited the settings to 10 seconds + and - and every time I try to use it, it skips 10 minutes. I even tried editing the AdvancedSettings tab with no success.

Do we know if these feature is broken on Kodi 18.9?
(2021-05-29, 18:56)themusj Wrote: Skip Steps is not working on both my Android tablet and Windows tablet. I edited the settings to 10 seconds + and - and every time I try to use it, it skips 10 minutes. I even tried editing the AdvancedSettings tab with no success.

No it's not broken, you must've done something wrong.
(2021-05-29, 19:25)FXB78 Wrote:
(2021-05-29, 18:56)themusj Wrote: Skip Steps is not working on both my Android tablet and Windows tablet. I edited the settings to 10 seconds + and - and every time I try to use it, it skips 10 minutes. I even tried editing the AdvancedSettings tab with no success.

No it's not broken, you must've done something wrong.

An hour later, I still am not seeing what I am expecting. So maybe I am understanding this incorrectly. 

I have a Windows 10 Surface tablet. Touchscreen. 

I go to Settings>Player>Skip Steps and have only two set now. 30 sec, 60 sec

I start a personally owned Mpeg file on my SDcard within my Kodi installation..

It starts. Touching the screen, I touch the icon represented by >|

It advances not 10 seconds or even 60 seconds. But every time 10 minutes. 

I have the same results with my Android tablet. It advances 10 minutes.

I have spent an hour on this forum and others which even remotely discuss Kodi's skip steps. 

Is anyone able to use their Windows Tablet or Android tablet {touchscreen} and the skips steps work to their own configuration of skip steps.

It does appear other have indicated they have the same problem trying to go with the 10 second option.
(2021-05-31, 03:14)themusj Wrote: spent an hour on this forum
Hope you have discovered Skip steps (wiki) which should illuminate the function fairly well. I note: Android tablet and Windows tablet, this function is set-up for right & left arrow key-press and unless you can get your input touch device to emulate specific Keymap (wiki) the skip steps may not work as expected. Suggest you investigate Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki) perhaps this thread might be of assistance
Also, a Debug Log file will show us which keypress Kodi is recognising. Sounds like it thinks you are pressing UP.
If using the OSD GUI buttons on a touch device then the skin buttons needs to support the action StepForward on one of the OSD buttons.

If you are using the Estuary skin Kodi comes with then the >| button is mapped to PlayerControl(Next) and is for skipping to next chapter. With a remote or keyboard the playback position nib can be selected and right arrow/cursor selected for StepForward, but that's obviously not possible on a touch device. You can however select nib by touching it, then by holding drag it to desired position on seekbar timeline, but perhaps not easy for very small increments.

The alternative is to look into other skins, however I'm not sure if there is any skin available that does have OSD buttons that do StepForward.

So your options are:

1. Use the playback position nib on the seekbar to seek on Estuary.
2. Modify Estuary to change the action for >|
3. Attempt to find is any skin does use StepForward on it's OSD.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FF skip steps not working0