Fire TV remote with Android box (Tanix TX92 with Coreelec)
Hi all,

I am looking for a replacement for the original remote of my Tanix TX92 box and was wondering if the Fire TV remote might work. The box runs CoreELEC.

Has anybody tried this yet?
(2019-04-17, 13:44)Senseohasser Wrote: Hi all,

I am looking for a replacement for the original remote of my Tanix TX92 box and was wondering if the Fire TV remote might work. The box runs CoreELEC.

Has anybody tried this yet?

Which remote specifically? I've used the non-voice version on various Linux systems (Android and not) and it works.

Incidentally, it doesn't work with Windows for some reason.
(2019-04-19, 00:01)Luke M Wrote: Which remote specifically? I've used the non-voice version on various Linux systems (Android and not) and it works.

Incidentally, it doesn't work with Windows for some reason.

I mean this one: https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Alexa-Voi...B07B6L2QCF
(2019-04-19, 14:03)Senseohasser Wrote: I mean this one: https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Alexa-Voi...B07B6L2QCF 

Yes, I use one with a generic S912 box running CoreELEC and have also gotten it working on a Vero4K+ without any problems. It's a great remote, all the buttons are bluetooth, no IR and they are all re-mappable with Kodi, including Power, Volume and even the Alexa mic button.
Looking at Amazon reviews for the remote it says that volume controls and power are IR?
I just ordered one based on roidy‘s post (it is currently on sale in Germany).

I will check then
(2019-04-20, 11:02)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: Looking at Amazon reviews for the remote it says that volume controls and power are IR?

From memory they are, or can be, both. When you configure the Fire TV remote with a Fire TV it can interrogate your TV over HDMI CEC to find out the make/model, and then configure the remote over Bluetooth such that the volume control keys send the correct IR Vol+/Vol- instructions for your TV (however ISTR that Bluetooth instructions for Vol+/Vol - continue also to be sent - the Fire TV ignores them, but if you pair it with another Kodi device it doesn't and you end up with double instructions?)
(2019-04-20, 11:02)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: Looking at Amazon reviews for the remote it says that volume controls and power are IR?

They are if the remote has been paired with a FireTV stick. However if you reset the remote or I guess buy a fresh one that hasn't been paired to a FireTV then the Power, Volume and Alexa buttons send out bluetooth. Trust me I know I've had one connect to a Vero4K+, a generic S912 box and currently have it connected to an Odroid N2 and all the buttons work fine and are bluetooth.
(2019-04-20, 14:53)noggin Wrote: (however ISTR that Bluetooth instructions for Vol+/Vol - continue also to be sent - the Fire TV ignores them, but if you pair it with another Kodi device it doesn't and you end up with double instructions?)

Not if you reset the remote by holding Menu + Back + Left for 10 seconds, this will reset the remote and remove the FireTV pairing and all learnt IR functions.
(2019-04-22, 09:12)roidy Wrote:

They are if the remote has been paired with a FireTV stick. However if you reset the remote or I guess buy a fresh one that hasn't been paired to a FireTV then the Power, Volume and Alexa buttons send out bluetooth. Trust me I know I've had one connect to a Vero4K+, a generic S912 box and currently have it connected to an Odroid N2 and all the buttons work fine and are bluetooth.   
Excellent, I've been putting off getting one as I route audio through optical out which disables volume on my TV.

I want a decent bluetooth remote for my Generic S912 Coreelec box too that doesnt have air mouse, keyboard or any of that nonsense.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV remote with Android box (Tanix TX92 with Coreelec)0