Why "update library" reset the view options?
Hi all,

I'm on kodi-18.1-Leia-x64 (Windows 10 Professional).

I've created a new Category under Movie.
When I open it, I can see the correct results (ordered by some values, with some rules, and so on).

Than I open the left menu, and I update library from there.
Once it finished, it clear the view options, reset it to the "last" selected option. So if previously, on different category (or main folder) I select "by title", than once I update library from within my new category, it switch the order to "by title" instead of my custom settings.

Is it intended? Or bug?
Thanks
The library updates have absolutely zero to do with skin settings. Perhaps ypu can provide a debug log of those events? Also there is Kodi 18.2 now.
Not sure how to log.
Try to add a category (whatever you want), content movie, select an ordering (by added date for example), than restart kodi, update library: you will see it will set by default "order by title".
Once you re-enter the category, the order back to the one you have set creating the category.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Here's the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/okazixocib.kodi
I think what OP is objecting to, is he appears to have a custom node under movies that he opens from home window:
Code:
library://video/movies/test-0.xml/

once in videos window he does an update and when update completes Kodi loads this:
Code:
videodb://movies/titles/?xsp={"order":{"direction":"descending","ignorefolders":0,"method":"dateadded"},"type":"movies"}

which I guess maybe defaults to title sortorder, or maybe the last sortorder used and stored in guisettings.  (I've never understood how view settings are saved/restored across ViewModes6.db and guisettings.)

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2019-04-18, 01:41)scott967 Wrote: which I guess maybe defaults to title sortorder, or maybe the last sortorder used and stored in guisettings.  (I've never understood how view settings are saved/restored across ViewModes6.db and guisettings.)
Yep, that seems to get asked a lot in the skin sections. How do you bulk change all your views to one particular view instead of changing each (for example) movie set view individually.

Something I would like to know also.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-18, 01:41)scott967 Wrote: which I guess maybe defaults to title sortorder, or maybe the last sortorder used and stored in guisettings.
Exactly. Once I update library, the "node" default to the last settings set by user.
How can I fix it?
News for this? Will be fixed?
Thanks
BUMP? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why "update library" reset the view options?0