No Auto Framerate Switching on Fire TV Stick 4K
Hello,

I just got a brand new Fire TV Stick 4K, which I have set to automatically switch the framerate in the Fire TV Video options. In Kodi, I have set the video auto framerate switching as well, but my display is always at 60Hz, no matter which content I play (tried 50p and 24p) content.

Which settings exactly do I have to make in order that auto framerate swirching works with Kodi 18 and the Fire TV 4K?
(2019-04-18, 18:28)Jackie78 Wrote: Hello,

I just got a brand new Fire TV Stick 4K, which I have set to automatically switch the framerate in the Fire TV Video options. In Kodi, I have set the video auto framerate switching as well, but my display is always at 60Hz, no matter which content I play (tried 50p and 24p) content.

Which settings exactly do I have to make in order that auto framerate swirching works with Kodi 18 and the Fire TV 4K?

In settings>player>videos set adjust display refresh rate to on start/stop.

I also set kodi to 1080p resolution in settings>system>display
(2019-04-18, 18:28)Jackie78 Wrote: I just got a brand new Fire TV Stick 4K, which I have set to automatically switch the framerate in the Fire TV Video options. In Kodi, I have set the video auto framerate switching as well, but my display is always at 60Hz, no matter which content I play (tried 50p and 24p) content.

You have to add display modes (resolution and frame rate) to the "whitelist" in Kodi settings.
(2019-04-18, 23:38)Luke M Wrote:
(2019-04-18, 18:28)Jackie78 Wrote: I just got a brand new Fire TV Stick 4K, which I have set to automatically switch the framerate in the Fire TV Video options. In Kodi, I have set the video auto framerate switching as well, but my display is always at 60Hz, no matter which content I play (tried 50p and 24p) content.

You have to add display modes (resolution and frame rate) to the "whitelist" in Kodi settings.  

Thanks, the strange thing is that these allowed resolutions (i.e. display whitelist) disappear from time to time allowing only one selection, only 1920x1080x59,xxHz is selectable. This stays until I change *something* in the fire TV stick (not Kodi) display-settings, i.e switch from always HDR to no HDR and back, but it only persists until I start my TV next. So something makes the allowed resolutions disappear, why does that happen?
You want the Fire TVs HDR setting to Adaptive.
(2019-04-20, 22:11)Hitcher Wrote: You want the Fire TVs HDR setting to Adaptive.

Maybe similar problem ? 
341198 (thread)
340782 (thread)
(2019-04-20, 22:11)Hitcher Wrote: You want the Fire TVs HDR setting to Adaptive.

No, this helps, but only once. as soon as something is restarted, the problem occurs again until you change something in the fire TV settings, really odd behaviour and probably a FireTV problem, since this not only affects Kodi Sad Any way to issue a bug report to Amazon devs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Auto Framerate Switching on Fire TV Stick 4K00