Blu Ray DVD Collection and Movie Room Tour
(2019-04-21, 00:54)PatK Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 19:36)speedwell68 Wrote: People are really underwhelmed by my media server when they ask where the videos come
Most of a good home theatre is behind the scenes, the smell of popcorn,  lighting, seat arrangements, wall art and stand-up posters all add to the atmosphere and the $5 entry on the door doesn't hurt either, hand out guest passes at dinner, once the conversation enters the 'what's playing to-day' stage, the sparkle is lit, make them beg. 
What does impress them is the full voice control of the TV/AVR and Kodi via Google Home.  The Hyperion Ambilight setup also impresses too.  What I am having difficulty with is having the room lights dim and brighten when the film start/stops.

I am actually in the middle of redecorating the TV room at the moment and I have recently started the process of instigating a series of upgrades to the whole house.  This thread has inspired me to do a thread of my whole technology/media experience as you say it is more about what is behind the scenes than the picture on the screen and running a decent Kodi setup is more than just running Kodi.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blu Ray DVD Collection and Movie Room Tour - by speedwell68 - 2019-04-26, 22:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu Ray DVD Collection and Movie Room Tour0