v18 video calibration not working?
Hello all

I am running Kodi 18.1 on libreelec 9.0.1 on my Samsung 4k TV.
The right side of the screen is a little cut off (by about 2 cm or so) while the left side would have enough space to spare. It is visible (meaning certain things are indeed cut off, such as the update library progess and such)
I'd need to have the screen to move ever so slightly to the left.

However, I seem to be unable to do so using System / Video Calibration. No matter what I try...I can stretch and bend, but not "move" to the left.
With the librelec8.x (and Kodi 17.x) calibrating worked...

Someone an idea what I could try?
Thanks a lot
Kodi 18.2 should fix saving any GUI settings change (if that is your question). The next LibreELEC release should have it.

However: with a modern LCD TV, you should NOT require video calibration, it should only be the last resort.
Your TV should have an option to display a computer video signal 1-on-1 on its screen.
(2019-04-19, 21:00)Klojum Wrote: Kodi 18.2 should fix saving any GUI settings change (if that is your question). The next LibreELEC release should have it.

However: with a modern LCD TV, you should NOT require video calibration, it should only be the last resort.
Your TV should have an option to display a computer video signal 1-on-1 on its screen.
Thank you very much. Then I will either go back to 17.x or stay with 18.1 for the time being (need to check if that slight miscalibration is indeed noticable as well in the movies/films or only in the Kodi-Screen).
Much appreciated.
So checking your TV options (or the manual) for a minute or two is too much effort?
(2019-04-19, 21:13)Klojum Wrote: So checking your TV options (or the manual) for a minute or two is too much effort?

Sure, it is. Why should I?
No, seriously now...of course I will do that. Point is, as I have written, I have yet to figure out if it is only visible with the kodi screen or with the movies/tv-shows as well.
It makes absolutely no sense to alter anything on the TV when the movies are fine but only the Kodi menu isn't. Does that make sense to you?
It would be daft if things would be different when movies and with other screens. Your Raspberry Pi sends out only 1 video signal. All LCD TVs are by default (as a CRT tube screen souvenir) set up with what is called overscan. You need to disable that 'feature' so that you will have a 1:1 display, although the Raspberry Pi can do only 1080p.

If you have different display overscan per resolution, or even framerate (23,24,50,60 fps), that would be even weirder.
(2019-04-20, 05:47)Klojum Wrote: It would be daft if things would be different when movies and with other screens. Your Raspberry Pi sends out only 1 video signal. All LCD TVs are by default (as a CRT tube screen souvenir) set up with what is called overscan. You need to disable that 'feature' so that you will have a 1:1 display, although the Raspberry Pi can do only 1080p.

If you have different display overscan per resolution, or even framerate (23,24,50,60 fps), that would be even weirder.

Thank you for the hint about the overscan, wasn't aware of that.
I will look into it. Much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video calibration not working?0