v18 Black screen when resuming video
Greetings,

Whenever I attempt to resume a movie from a resume point, the video loads, but Kodi only displays a blank screen. I can hear audio in the background, but there is no video. This only occurs when resuming a movie; if I start from the beginning, the video plays properly.

Log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/tihawayijo.kodi
(2019-04-20, 16:02)jonomite Wrote: Greetings,

Whenever I attempt to resume a movie from a resume point, the video loads, but Kodi only displays a blank screen. I can hear audio in the background, but there is no video. This only occurs when resuming a movie; if I start from the beginning, the video plays properly.

Log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/tihawayijo.kodi
Pls:
- disable emby addon (to get rid of the log spam)
- enable component video debugging
- provide another kodi.log
Shall I provide in the other thread since the issues are related?
(2019-04-20, 20:32)jonomite Wrote: Shall I provide in the other thread since the issues are related?
Let us simply continue here pls.
(2019-04-20, 21:47)peak3d Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 20:32)jonomite Wrote: Shall I provide in the other thread since the issues are related?
Okay. I will work on a cleaner log.

FYI, I have a new piece of troubleshooting info to add: When I experienced the issue, I had the "Adjust display refresh rate" to start/stop. I have now changed that setting to disabled, and the issue appears to have gone away. 

And even if Adjust display refresh rate is set to off, if I add any whitelist resolutions, the issue reappears.
(2019-04-20, 21:56)jonomite Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 21:47)peak3d Wrote:
Okay. I will work on a cleaner log.

FYI, I have a new piece of troubleshooting info to add: When I experienced the issue, I had the "Adjust display refresh rate" to start/stop. I have now changed that setting to disabled, and the issue appears to have gone away. 

And even if Adjust display refresh rate is set to off, if I add any whitelist resolutions, the issue reappears. 
Whitelist is only used if "Adjust ...." is on. But good to know nevertheless.
Just wondering if anyone has found a fix for this issue. im having the same problem on my sony android tv.
(2019-08-05, 21:08)markj24 Wrote: Just wondering if anyone has found a fix for this issue. im having the same problem on my sony android tv.

You and me both - I seem to remember having a similar problem a few years ago but I can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it! (or even if I did!)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen when resuming video0