Problem with video/audio when audio changes from dd5.1 to aac
Hi,
I've already posted here for this problem and the author of pvr plugin point me to video player support.

To summarize:

normally tv works good, but each time i change channel from a dd5.1 to aac2.0 or the other way around, I get crazy buffering and lost audio, a channel change to another channel (that have the same audio format as the last) fixes the problem until again I fall on another audio format change.
another workround to temporary fix  is to toggle on/off passtrough after a channel change between different audio formats. i think it resets the audio .

I'm on libreelec raspberry pi 3 b+ 9.0.1,from android tv kodi i have the same behavior of  libreelec,I've tried also the same windows clients that works with native MP client, they show the same issue using kodi.

log part1 https://paste.kodi.tv/ilogebetuc.kodi
log part2 https://paste.kodi.tv/okokakedov.kodi

Thank you
This must be a problem with Mediaportal addon because i don't have that problem with TVheadend addon and not seen it on other backends i tried either.
This with Linux, Windows, Android boxes.
Could maybe be issue with some hardware, reciever etc too.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
(2019-04-28, 15:19)Leatherface Wrote: This must be a problem with Mediaportal addon because i don't have that problem with TVheadend addon and not seen it on other backends i tried either.
This with Linux, Windows, Android boxes.
Could maybe be issue with some hardware, reciever etc too.

oh thank you, how  could i  live in the past without your very smart post.

so you haven't read the post, u haven't read the log , u haven't read the link to other post so...... u haven't understood the problem but you came here to say..."it works on my totally different setup".
I have read the post but I haven't checked the log only saying it must be something with your setup or mediaportal addon.
I have a different setup and that's why i am saying it could be that.
EDIT: Checked the log now and seems FFMPEG have a lot of error and shows 0 channels on audiotrack so that's why it's not working.
Question is why that happens.

2019-04-04 19:32:08.342 T:1502598000 INFO: ffmpeg[598FD370]: Stream #0:0[0x30]: Video: h264 ([27][0][0][0] / 0x001B), none, 90k tbn 2019-04-04 19:32:08.342 T:1502598000 INFO: ffmpeg[598FD370]: Stream #0:1[0x40]: Audio: aac ([15][0][0][0] / 0x000F), 0 channels

ffmpeg tells Kodi to open audiotrack with no channels

The lagging after is probably because a lot of this
2019-04-04 19:32:25.432 T:1502598000 ERROR: ffmpeg[598FD370]: [NULL] non-existing PPS 0 referenced 2019-04-04 19:32:25.434 T:1502598000 ERROR: ffmpeg[598FD370]: [NULL] SPS unavailable in decode_picture_timing

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
(2019-04-28, 15:54)Leatherface Wrote: EDIT: Checked the log now and seems FFMPEG have a lot of error and shows 0 channels on audiotrack so that's why it's not working.
Question is why that happens.

yes exactly Smile

I'm not a expert on how stream decoding chain works in KOdi, but seems that the splitter fails to find audio tracks only when it has to change from dd51 to aac20 (and aac20 to dd51) because i don't have this issue at the start (whatever audio is) and when i change from dd5.1 to mpg20 or mpg20 to dd51 or aac to aac or dd to dd or mpg to mpg.
Also if i toggle passtrough to off to on ( or on to off, tried both cases) seems kind of reset of the chain is done, that makes kodi finding the audio stream.

thank you
BUMP!
(2019-05-24, 11:56)mrmojo666 Wrote: BUMP!
I've spent some more time to try to understand the issue and now i'm sure that is a bug with .ts files.
If I play from video section a .ts where the audio stream changes from aac to ac3 (that is a standard for ts files) kodi stops playing the file when the audio change happens. That is not related with PVR funcionalities.
The same .ts file playing perfectly with VLC, mpchc and other players on any SO.
IMHO it is definitely a KODI videoplayer BUG.
Fix the root-cause. Apps workarounding broken input is not the solution.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-12-19, 15:01)fritsch Wrote: Fix the root-cause. Apps workarounding broken input is not the solution.

sorry i think to have not got your answer, what I'm saying is if i manually record with a pvrcard one tv show (no metter which software i use for recording) i'm able to play it with any other software but kodi is a problem of all the other software and kodi is perfect like this? 
do not get me wrong, kodi is a great piace of software, but i  think that refusing to admit it could have issues it's a childish way to develop software.
IMHO would be acceptable and mature if someone have written, ok this is a issue, but because you are the only one that is impacted, kodi team would'nt fix it. 

thank you
I admit and never told otherwise: kodi has issues! (like every software after Knuth)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-12-21, 15:01)fritsch Wrote: I admit and never told otherwise: kodi has issues! (like every software after Knuth)

apologies I got you wrong. 

I would really check inside the code if that is something that I can understand and try to provide a PR on github. but c++ is a very hard for me plus kodi code is so big to sail. Any tip on which files could be involved that i can look inside, would be really appreciated, unless that is something that is in external libraries from 3rd parties.

thank you
Please try tomorrow's nightly, which includes: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17090 - it might fix or at least change the behaviour for your streams.
(2019-12-29, 22:20)fritsch Wrote: Please try tomorrow's nightly, which includes: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17090 - it might fix or at least change the behaviour for your streams.

thank you Smile

tomorrow I will try

Happy New Year!
(2019-12-29, 22:20)fritsch Wrote: Please try tomorrow's nightly, which includes: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17090 - it might fix or at least change the behaviour for your streams.

unforntunately, nothing has changed Sad

thankyou anyway

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with video/audio when audio changes from dd5.1 to aac0