Music nfo generator
Hi all,

I don't know if something like this already exists, but I thought Id share.

I recently lost my entire music/audiobook collection, to help rebuilt it faster I wrote two python scripts.

One generates nfo for a single album, the other can write nfo's for all albums in a folder.

I am no pro at python and I sure there are better way/easier ways to do it.

They only generates the basics. for use in a skin I am creating.

Note: These are not yet complete nfo files are still missing information such as:
Musicbrainz ID
Labels
Multi Genre
Moods
Style 
Theme
review
image location 

feel free to have a look, improve/change and comment.

My Github Scripts

have a great day.
Purplerocket09
My Github
Hello @purplerocket09

(2019-04-21, 05:22)purplerocket09 Wrote: I don't know if something like this already exists, but I thought Id share.
Are you aware of the Export facility for the Music Library?... Import-export_library/Music (wiki)

v18.2 now exports Play Counts, User Ratings, Scraped Ratings and Votes.

Thanks for sharing, we will certainly have a look.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-21, 06:02)Karellen Wrote: Hello @purplerocket09
(2019-04-21, 05:22)purplerocket09 Wrote: I don't know if something like this already exists, but I thought Id share.
Are you aware of the Export facility for the Music Library?... Import-export_library/Music (wiki)

v18.2 now exports Play Counts, User Ratings, Scraped Ratings and Votes.

Thanks for sharing, we will certainly have a look. 
Hey,

yep I'm aware of, these scripts are for albums that don't exist in the DB or for albums that wont scrap
Purplerocket09
My Github
Just out of curiosity, what scenario do you envision where .nfo would be preferred over tags?
(2019-04-21, 11:45)HeresJohnny Wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what scenario do you envision where .nfo would be preferred over tags? 
I used it for any Album that cant be identified, not even with musicbrainz, MusicBrainz Picard or scrappers. nfo is the fallback.

for instance I have unknown albums and audiobooks and use the script to populate the nfo and update what I can manually. Saves heaps of time.

Plus I live in australia updating tags via the internet is well not always possible.
Purplerocket09
My Github
The only Music Scraper is MediaElch. It should be able to do everything you want to.
(2019-04-21, 13:32)purplerocket09 Wrote: Plus I live in australia updating tags via the internet is well not always possible.
Why?
I live in Autralia, curious to know what problem you are experiencing that is Australian specific.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Had a look at the script, very simple but effective.

I still don't see the point though, all albums should scraper in, if they don't why not add them to MusicBrainz and TADB so it benefits everyone?
(2019-04-24, 16:30)docwra Wrote: Had a look at the script, very simple but effective.

I still don't see the point though, all albums should scraper in, if they don't why not add them to MusicBrainz and TADB so it benefits everyone?
As of this morning I have been thinking that.

New Version on my git. 
ArtistNMultiAlbumNFO.py
  • Downloads Artwork for Artists N Albums.
  • Gets Album description from theaudiodb and a fallback of Wikipedia
  • Writes the description to the comment Tag.
  • Still only supports mp3 N Flac to add others soon
  • Created so I don't take to use multi packages to Scrap and tag albums #outside Kodi. # Also allows for offline DB built as all file are stored local. There are just some people I know that I don't want connecting to mysql dbs on server. Ever with read access
  • MusicBrainz Picard is all you need to update tags before running script
  • or something like Mp3tag 2.9.5 for unknown albums
  • Future Version will also update Tags
Purplerocket09
My Github

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music nfo generator0