HOW-TO compile XBMC for Windows from source code
Instructions for how to compile XBMC for Windows from source can be found on our wiki.

Note that svn is under heavy development and is not guaranteed to build at all times.

--
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Exclamation 
The wiki says that you must check out:

https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...xport/XBMC

Edit: I could connect through the SSL URL that appears in the section dedicated to VS 2003

https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/trunk/
old info. see xbmc.org
Doh!, No wonder I miss it, hidden in the home page Laugh

Someone with the right privileges should update the Wiki page though. Nerd
wheels are in motion Wink
fixed. Thanks
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
edit: never mind, should have been using the search function more often.

but: shouldn't info regarding to "update_svn_rev.bat not triggered", so snv_rev.h is missing, as well as missing dll files needed for creating textures for skins go into wiki too?

i had some funny hours figuring that stuff out Huh
cheers,azido :;):
Shouldn't be needed as the update_svn_rev.bat stuff is triggered by the vs project file and when it works you have to do nothing Wink
msvcp71 dlls are provided by us and the msvcp90 issue is still not sorted out to provide a proper answer.
But feel free to request ninja status and enhance the windows faq section Big Grin
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:Shouldn't be needed as the update_svn_rev.bat stuff is triggered by the vs project file and when it works you have to do nothing Wink
msvcp71 dlls are provided by us and the msvcp90 issue is still not sorted out to provide a proper answer.
But feel free to request ninja status and enhance the windows faq section Big Grin

for any reason it doesn't do that at both tries compiling under xp and win7. might be that the bat is in vs2008express dir that is not in path? dunno. have to do it by hand. also that missing dlls prevent skin's texture.xbts from getting built.

i think an addition of a "what to do when.." there could help ppl prevent from finding out the hard way like i did.

ninjas, here i come.

edit: no ninja status needed anymore. cheers. added "Additional hints" to http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_compi...ource_code
hope it's fine and helpful.
cheers,azido :;):

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO compile XBMC for Windows from source code1