Req Feature requests for new info labels
Hi @DaveBlake

Not sure if this is the best place to post?

As kodi 19 is now in development, i was hoping you would consider these feature requests for music library views.

Artists
  • new infolabels
    ListItem.AlbumCount
    ListItem.CompilationCount
    ListItem.CompilationAlbumCount

Albums
  • Make property "ListItem.Property(Artist_Description)" available
  • new infolabels
    ListItem.AlbumDuration
    ListItem.SongCount
    ListItem.DiscCount

Songs
  • Make property "ListItem.Property(Artist_Description)" available
  • Make property "ListItem.Property(Album_Description)" available
  • new infolabels
    ListItem.AudioCodec
    ListItem.AudioChannels
    ListItem.BitsRate
    ListItem.BitsPerSample
    ListItem.SampleRate

In regards to the artist and album description they are available in myplaylist.xml, just not the library views. The disc count would be great as you could show the album has more than one disc and not show the info when there is only one disc.

Cheers
Mr. V

EDIT: @DaveBlake

One additional request

For a single list item we have a boolean - ListItem.IsPlaying
Works great to show rolling Disc art on the now playing item.

For albums you can use String.IsEqual(ListItem.Album,MusicPlayer.Album), this only works outside of containers.
Would be great if we could having something like 
ListItem.AlbumIsPlaying
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
This is a  good place if you want me to see it an consider acting on it Smile
Nice clear concise request which is a good start. Most is more than just data exposure but needs core changes too, so I'll think about it.

Changing the tag to request rather than v19 so I can find it
Thanks Dave Smile
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
All of these would indeed be nice for skinners.
I don't know if this belong to here, but some time ago I made a feature request that is explained here...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2737339

...currently I have a script that checks in real time whether or not a theme.mp3 exists, but I still think it would be better with ListItem. I understand that it can seem like a strange request; since it's about an audio file but to be used with video items... Thanks.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Bumping this to remind myself
+1 for this request list from me. As I can see, some of the infolabels are available in the v19 skin engine now, but especially the ones concerning album duration, song count, etc. aren't (yet). Are there plans to add those as well? They'd be really handy!
OSMC Skinner      |    The OSMC Skin for Kodi v20 Nexus (native 16:9, 21:9 and 4:3 skin, special cinemascope/CIH version available)      |     GitHub: https://github.com/Ch1llb0/skin.osmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature requests for new info labels0