• 6(current)
[WINDOWS] Boot directly to XBMC for Windows (in full-screen) as the shell on Windows?
Hi,
From the beginning I wrote the application for my own use only. After using it for a while I thought maybe someone else needed the same functionality so I posted it on the swedish XBMC site. I like XBMC and wanted to contribute with something...
When I in all haste started this thread yesterday there was about 150 dl´s and I´ve only received positive feedback. There is nothing strange or bad with the application. It works fine and I only wanted to give something back to the XBMC community.
P.S
Btw, If anyone want an english version of the quickguide I can put one together and post it.
TheKnugen Wrote:P.S
Btw, If anyone want an english version of the quickguide I can put one together and post it.

yes please Smile
TheKnugen Wrote:Hi,
From the beginning I wrote the application for my own use only. After using it for a while I thought maybe someone else needed the same functionality so I posted it on the swedish XBMC site. I like XBMC and wanted to contribute with something...
When I in all haste started this thread yesterday there was about 150 dl´s and I´ve only received positive feedback. There is nothing strange or bad with the application. It works fine and I only wanted to give something back to the XBMC community.

That's telling themLaugh
And yes to the help Guide thank's
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:I do have upto date anti virus etc on my pc and please stop knocking windows it's only
the way it is because software writers demand it supports 16bit software.
Besides that it's my choice not your's and if it were to cause my system to go tits up
Then it's not a problem as i restore a backup. besides windows is far better than Linux
People only use that because it is FREEShocked
Lol

Just an FYI, we don't support or endorse xbmc.nu.

@TheKnugen, I just wasn't comfortable with your intial post. Had you waited until you had the time to make a proper post explaining the app and providing at least a small guide on how to use it, I probably wouldn't have even posted.
Hi,
I totaly understand, posted it in a bit of a hurry... Smile

Here is a small quick guide:
1. Install the appliction, run it from the start-menu or by run: "%PROGRAM FILES%\XbmcLogonShell\XbmcLogonShell\XbmcLogonShell.exe" –setup

2. ”Add field” to create a new field for an application.
Ex. %PROGRAM FILES%\XBMC\XBMC.exe, in the parameter field you can add application parameters, in this case –fs for fullscreen.

3. "Move up" / "Move down" changes the start order of the applications if you have populated more then one field. Start order is from top to bottom.

4. "Use as Shell" swaps Explorer to XbmcLogonShell.exe in the registry, to change it to windows default setting click on ”Restore”.

5. The radio buttons “Local machine” and “Current user” is wether all users is affected by the app or just the current user.

6. Settings is saved after confirmation when closing the app, ”Close”.

* %PROGRAM FILES% is the parent directory where the app is installed...

If you have pressed “Use as Shell” the applications you have choosen in XbmcLogonShell start the next time you start the computer, without the desktop. Don´t forget to add your “help” apps, for example a remote or keyboard or whatever you need to run.
Thanks i will give it another goNod
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Btw any ideas of improvment or comments of the app is welcommed...

//TheKnugen
See the new Wiki entry here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_m...MC_(as_a_shell)

EventGhost starts up minimized, and runs any program (or programs) you need it to.

-Wes
waldo22 Wrote:See the new Wiki entry here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_m...MC_(as_a_shell)

EventGhost starts up minimized, and runs any program (or programs) you need it to.

-Wes

That should be

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_make_...s_a_shell)

Has anyone tried this with Vista? In my environment EventGhost needs to run with elevated privileges to work correctly.

I've nearly got there by setting the Local Security Policy "User Account Control: Behaviour of the elevation prompt" to "Elevate without prompt" and then using this script to force EventGhost to elevate:
http://blogs.msdn.com/aaron_margosis/arc...vista.aspx

The problem is that I can't replace the shell with the command to launch EventGhost with the right privileges as its not an executable.

I guess I could make an executable, but its getting messy.

Anyone got an easy workaround?
i install this shell program to run xbmc at start up and now i can't get back to my desktop ( i am using remote desktop, i don't have monitor ) . All i can do now is start task manager in remote desktop and kill the xbmc process. How can i restore my desktop back ? Please help me !
Press ctrl+alt+del.
Enter Activity Monitor (huh, whatever its called in english)
On the programs tab, new task.
type explorer.exe

Run the setup from the start menu again before reboot and remove it!
OK, it's become clear to me that all of the cool plugins and scripts work best and most often on the Windows platform of XBMC (Netflix, TweetXBMC, most social sharing plugins, etc), which saddens me because I love installing the live CD and having the machine boot directly to XBMC glory. With that being said, I am going to have to build a box based on the Windows version. But I would really like nobody to know that it's running with Windows in the background. So is there a way to have it LOOK LIKE it's booting directly to XBMC? Any suggestions would be appreciated. If there is already a thread for this I apologize. Please post a link to the thread here. Thanks.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...s_a_shell)
HTPCAddict Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...s_a_shell)

Needs the trailing ).
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Boot directly to XBMC for Windows (in full-screen) as the shell on Windows?1