Leia 18: how to switch to Artist Sortname after update
A note on skinning artists.

Skins use a "media container" to display library-derived info.  Normally the contents of the media container are dynamic as set by Kodi.  The contents are known as "listitems" and the skinner defines how they are displayed with options for displaying a specific listitem that is "focused" uniquely.

Kodi provides info for each listitem in the container.  A key info is known as the "label" and "label2".  These infos are determined by Kodi so the skinner doesn't have to provide special cases for every different kind of media that Kodi can display.

When artists are displayed in the container, Kodi sets the label to strArtist.  So as long as the skinner displays the label, that's what you see regardless of how you sort the container.

However, there is also a specific info available, the Property(Artist_sortname).

So what I do is instead of showing the label info, I set a variable that displays different info based on the Kodi setting (musiclibrary.useartistsortname).  When that's true I display Property(Artist_sortname) then the label in parenthesis.  So you do see Amor, Terry (Terry Amos) in the container. v The only problem is if you use the "jump to sort letter" Shift-T you jump to Amor, Tery in the container.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Leia 18: how to switch to Artist Sortname after update0