Special characters in artist names or song titles
Hello!

I'm using TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper.

You know, for having matches it is necessary to have the corresponding string in the file name. "?" is common in song titles but not in file names as not every file system allows it.
But how can I fetch titles from an artist named "Au/Ra"? If omitting the slash or replacing it with something else no TADB record is found. Is there anything I can do? (except writing a NFO file)

The scraper seems to dislike the plus sign. I struggle to fetch information for "Florence + the Machine" songs. How can I do that?

I think, I've read something about some time ago, but I can't find anything now.
Hope, you can help!

Best wishes
Ernst
Hello @ernstlx

You seem to misunderstand how the scrapers work in the music library, and is different how they work for the video library.

The music library is based on scanning tags embedded in the music files. It ignores the folder names and structure and file names. Proper tagging is essential to ensure the library is populated correctly.

I suggest fixing your music file tags. Read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-23, 22:52)Karellen Wrote: Hello @ernstlx

You seem to misunderstand how the scrapers work in the music library, and is different how they work for the video library.

The music library is based on scanning tags embedded in the music files. It ignores the folder names and structure and file names. Proper tagging is essential to ensure the library is populated correctly.

I suggest fixing your music file tags. Read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging
I do music videos.
Oh yes, so you do. I scanned your post too quickly.

Could you give me the link to the scraper site for those songs, and I will test the scraping here and see what work around is required.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Florence + the Machine - Big God

Au/Ra - Panic Room

... for example.
Thanks!
Yes, I see what you mean.

None of the songs from those two albums would scrape as no search results were returned.

I don't use Music Videos so maybe there is a workaround I am not aware of, so this needs to be looked at by @docwra and @olympia

Here is the log with scrape at Line 1057... https://paste.kodi.tv/juwuyifagu.kodi

And screenshot of my file naming which is modified due to prohibited characters in file names...
My Signature
Its a Kodi thing as far as I'm aware as those artist and track names work fine on the TADB searchtrack API:

Code:
https://theaudiodb.com/api/v1/json/1/searchtrack.php?s=Au/Ra&t=Panic%20Room
@docwra

(2019-04-24, 09:58)docwra Wrote: =Au/Ra
You contain a prohibited character. Once you (Windows) removes that, the search fails. How would you name the file if the / cannot be used?

Does your site have a list of alternate names, like TMDB and IMDB?
My Signature
@ernstlx

Until this issue is sorted out, you are best off using a Parsing NFO to get them into your library. See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo

Save them as shown here...
My Signature
(2019-04-24, 10:08)Karellen Wrote: @docwra
(2019-04-24, 09:58)docwra Wrote: =Au/Ra
You contain a prohibited character. Once you (Windows) removes that, the search fails. How would you name the file if the/ cannot be used?

Does your site have a list of alternate names, like TMDB and IMDB? 
Yep the main site does support Alternate artist names, I've added Aura as an alternative now.

Not sure if the API supports it yet though...
Not ideal but a URL nfo appears to work for me

Reminder to myself to update the Wiki on this

https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_videos
@docwra

Is it still a requirement that all music videos are in a single folder or can they be added to album folders?
My Signature
I have mine in a single source folder with sub folders so it should work either way. The filename is whats important I believe.
(2019-04-24, 11:13)Karellen Wrote: Until this issue is sorted out, you are best off using a Parsing NFO to get them into your library. See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo

@Karellen:
Hi!
Thanks for the hint! This is much better than a regular NFO.

@docrwa:
Quote:Yep the main site does support Alternate artist names, I've added Aura as an alternative now.
And does it work? I thought, I should keep this field for real Alternate artist names like "May Jailer" Alternate artist name "Lana Del Rey" (?). But I think I will use a Parsing NFO instead.

And there's another phenomenon I like to report:
Noir Désir - À l'envers à l'endroit
This string does not work. Instead the (simplified) file name I used in first place "Noir Désir - A L'Envers A L'Endroit.mp4" does work!
The same is true with song titles containing ´ which I had to replace with '

EDIT: no problem with square brackets (previous statement removed)

Best wishes
Ernst

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special characters in artist names or song titles0