Solved Could not connect to repository
Question 
Hello community!

I do use a Windows 10 PC (64bit) with Kodi 17.4 (maybe it was 17.2), now updated to 18.2, conected to a TV and also to the internet. When I set up that computer years ago, I installed some plugins. Now I want to update them and also add new addons.

But all I get is the message from the title. Any help/hints are welcome.

So far, I searched google and tried the following (nothing did help):
- updated to the newest version of Kodi
- waited several hours (maybe addon-server was down)
- deleted addons.db (a trick from a Youtube video; after that my allready installed addons do not work anymore but since then I do get the "could not connect.." message. prior, it was no message at all)

Do Kodi has "internet access" when the computer itself has access or do I have to configure something within Kodi?
Most help sites lists "check if teh address of the repro is correct". But I never entered an adress?! All I do is clicking on MAIN VIEW -> AddOn -> AddFromRepro and then I do see that message. Before I deleted the addons.db I got a list of (all/many) addons, which are also listed in the wiki. There I found the addon, which I wanted to add, also could navigate to its description and hit the "install" button, but Kodi had no resonse. No installation and no error message. Just quits to the overview of all addons.

What to do now?
I did not see any edit function, so I add a comment here:

I want to install "MediatekView", which also can be found here: https://forum.mediathekview.de/topic/108...n-für-kodi
There is a description to install the addon with a zip file, which I tried. All I do get is another repro, to which I also cannot connect. ?!

So I guess that the main question is how I connect my Kodi to "the internet"! The computer itself has a working connection....
Kodi uses the internet connection of Windows. There is no special setup.

Deleting addonsxx.db is the wrong thing to do, and has made things worse for you as you now discovered.

We will need a Debug Log, Once debug mode is running try to install an add-on, and then if you have a new movie, try scraping it into the library.

Avoid watching YouTube videos discussing Kodi. They are generally unhelpful and we end up fixing the mess they have created.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-25, 05:50)Karellen Wrote: Kodi uses the internet connection of Windows. There is no special setup.

Deleting addonsxx.db is the wrong thing to do, and has made things worse for you as you now discovered.

We will need a Debug Log, Once debug mode is running try to install an add-on, and then if you have a new movie, try scraping it into the library.

Avoid watching YouTube videos discussing Kodi. They are generally unhelpful and we end up fixing the mess they have created.
With activated debug log I tried to access the "standard" repository, then the one I installed manually, then the "standard" one again. Here https://paste.kodi.tv/hiyevesemi.kodi is the log file. You help and enlightenment would be appreciated!
Also a log file, in which I tried starting the repository and scraping a new movie (which works): https://paste.kodi.tv/uzebugical.kodi
Kodi cannot connect to the internet. It is not clear why but could be due to your Firewall rules blocking access, or it could even be a problem with ipv6.

Can you access the internet outside of Kodi on that Windows PC?

First place to start is Firewall rules.

Could you also provide another log, this time enable The libcURL library (HTTP(S), DAV) in Component Logging which is underneath the setting Enabling Debug Mode.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-25, 22:29)Karellen Wrote: Could you also provide another log, this time enable The libcURL library (HTTP(S), DAV) in Component Logging which is underneath the setting Enabling Debug Mode.

https://paste.kodi.tv/gometecupe.kodi

I hope, "the usual log file" stores the informations from your request, too.

On that PC, I can access internet with a browser. Also, the youtube addon is installed in Kodi. I do use that to view trailers of movies. That is able to connect to youtube.

About the firewall: I do not know much about it. I do use the windows-built in one. Never configured it in any special way. Recently, I got a new internet provider. Related to that, I had to change the IPs of my LAN. And the new router might have custom rules for its fire wall, which I do not know.
Problem solved. Thanks for your effort!

It was my mistake. The DNS within the IPv4 config was not set properly. I tried to access internet only with my usual sites. Those names were known to my pc. But every other site could not be reached...
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could not connect to repository0