Android Trying to Compile Kodi with Addons Already Installed
This is my first post, so I hope I posted it in the right spot. 

I am trying to compile Kodi for myself that has addons preinstalled. For example Crackle, so that when I first install the Kodi APK Crackle will already be installed and ready to use right away. 

From what I have read and tried to figure out on my own, I should add the zip of the addon to the addons folder, and then edit the addons xml file. Which I have done, but when I do that the image for the addon appears in Kodi and it says it is installed, but each time I try to use it, the addon has an error and does not work. 

Is this because I do not have all the dependencies installed? Like when I install Crackle form the Kodi repository it installs a bunch of other stuff too? 
Or is there another step I am missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yes you have to bundle it's dependencies and also all dependencies of the dependencies and so on.
(2019-04-26, 11:18)Rechi Wrote: Yes you have to bundle it's dependencies and also all dependencies of the dependencies and so on.

Awesome, thank you for the clarification. Now for a follow up question, how do I bundle the dependencies also?
I wanted to update my post and let everyone know I figured it out. The issue was I was trying to download the add ons from Githuib and places like that but it wasn't working, so instead I download the add on to Kodi on an Android phone, and copied all the add ons from the phone. 

For example with Crackle I installed a new version of Kodi on my Android phone and then used ES file manager to locate the add on folder which was in local storage> Android> Data> org.xbmc.kodi>files> .kodi> addons. You may need to enable hidden folders in ES file manager to see some of these folders/ I then noted how many addons were already there, and opened up Kodi and installed the Crackle add ons, and all other add ons it required. I then went back to the add ons folder through ES file manager, and zipped up all the new add ons that were listed. 

I then had the Kodi add on already decompiled using APKtool on my computer, and went to assets>addons, and unzipped all the Crackle add ons in that folder. I then edited the addon-manifest.xml by going to assets> system, and added <addon></addon> lines for the new Crackle add ons. In this case it was 6 additional lines that need to be added. I used Notepad ++.

I finally recompiled the Kodi apk, and signed it, and the Crackle add on worked perfect right on first boot. 

Looking back now the process is so simple, but I was confusing myself so much, that it was helpful to write this post and force myself to rethink the process.
Thanks for coming back and writing it up here so others can benefit Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to Compile Kodi with Addons Already Installed0