EPG data not writing correctly?
hi am seeing issue with EPG data in the TV guide section. but it only seems to be with 3 channels? not all.
at the bottom where it writes the info it is only writing part of it.

eg in TVheadend tv gide it has
Star Trek: Voyager : After Chakotay and Tuvok are injured in a shuttle accident, a non-corporeal life form begins to wreak havoc on Voyager by infiltrating the minds of the crew and altering the ship's systems one by one. Starring: Kate Mulgrew, Rob..
Start Time: Friday 26/04/2019 17:03:07
End Time: Friday 26/04/2019 18:03:32
Duration:60 min
After Chakotay and Tuvok are injured in a shuttle accident, a non-corporeal life form begins to wreak havoc on Voyager by infiltrating the minds of the crew and altering the ship's systems one by one. Starring: Kate Mulgrew, Rob..

but in TV guide it writes
Star Trek: Voyager : After Chakotay and Tuvok are injured in a shuttle accident, a non-co
5:03pm - 6:03pm * Other/Unknown

can anyone point me in a direction to start looking to fix? thanks
Includes_PVR.xml
MyPVRGuide.xml
cluedo online with friends
(2019-04-26, 09:47)the_other_guy Wrote: MyPVRGuide.xml

thanks, not sure what im looking at but can i ask in this skin how many lines of text show?
noticed if tvheadend guide shows

Mandy Garland was born deaf and has been mute for all of her life. Her parents believe she is able to speak if she can only be taught, enrolling her with a special teacher.
(Jack Hawkins, Phyllis Calvert, Terence Morgan) Starring: Jack Hawkins, Phyllis Calvert, Terence Morgan, Godfrey Tearle

all that shows in kodi tvguide is
(Jack Hawkins, Phyllis Calvert, Terence Morgan) Starring: Jack Hawkins, Phyllis Calvert, Terence Morgan, Godfrey Tearle
and this one

This Academy Award winning drama features the passions and violence o a group of soldiers stationed at Pearl Harbour just before World War II. Starring: Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Clift, Deborah Kerr, Donna Reed, Frank Sinatr..
, Ernest Borgnine, Mickey Shaughnessy, Jack Warden, George Reeves

just shows
, Ernest Borgnine, Mickey Shaughnessy, Jack Warden, George Reeves

im thinking its a line return issue?is there some way to see the raw file that tvheadend creates that kodi is reading?? if that makes sense?
could it also have something to do with the odd character?
"from tvheadend"
At the persistence of his parents and wife, Raymond reluctantly takes Robert out for a night to help him forget about the anniversary of his divorce. Starring: Ray Romano, Patricia Heaton, Doris Roberts, Peter Boyle

"from tvheadend"
Pull up a bar stool and enjoy a drink where everybody knows your name. Sam, Carla, Norm, Cliff and the rest of the gang are waiting for you at Cheers. Starring: Ted Danson, Shelley Long, Kirstie Alley, Nicholas Colasanto, Rhea Perlman, John..

"end quote"
in the tv guide epg screen it only shows the " ." for the content.
(2020-01-01, 02:47)sab28 Wrote: could it also have something to do with the odd character?
"from tvheadend"
At the persistence of his parents and wife, Raymond reluctantly takes Robert out for a night to help him forget about the anniversary of his divorce. Starring: Ray Romano, Patricia Heaton, Doris Roberts, Peter Boyle

"from tvheadend"
Pull up a bar stool and enjoy a drink where everybody knows your name. Sam, Carla, Norm, Cliff and the rest of the gang are waiting for you at Cheers. Starring: Ted Danson, Shelley Long, Kirstie Alley, Nicholas Colasanto, Rhea Perlman, John..

"end quote"
in the tv guide epg screen it only shows the " ." for the content.
hi im still having trouble with the format/display of the epg. i have attachd some screenshots if it helps.
you can see the "Plot" area in the epg from tvheadend has info? But in kodi it only has "." displaying.
can someone help me understand how/where this info is pulled in from an why if the epg from tvheadend has that funny symbol "." it only shows that and seems to ignore everything else?
thanks

ImageImageImage
The funny . symbol is also on your screen shot of the tvh web UI. This is what Kodi displays.

What you think is the plot, technically is not. The plot actually is "." for your example.
(2021-01-24, 12:22)ksooo Wrote: The funny . symbol is also on your screen shot of the tvh web UI. This is what Kodi displays.

What you think is the plot, technically is not. The plot actually is "." for your example.
Hi ksooo, yes the funny symbol is there but why doesnt the rest of the "text" before it appear? eg
"Hayden explores hidden gems of Australia through the stories of thoese that inspire him. He visits stunning locations,
interesting people and makes the food we all love to enjoy.

."

on other TV guide "text" if it doesnt have the funny symbol it shows all this text?
thanks
ImageImageImage
The skin you are using does only display the plot, which is . for your case, but not the plot outline, which is the text displayed above the dot in tvh GUI.
(2021-01-25, 08:57)ksooo Wrote: The skin you are using does only display the plot, which is . for your case, but not the plot outline, which is the text displayed above the dot in tvh GUI.
Bingo, thats it, tried the default skin an yep works as expected. big thank you for info Smile
so can i ask in your option how easy/hard would it be to add/modify this feature in the confluence skin?
are you able to give an idea which files i would need to look at as a place to start?
again thank you.
I would ask in the skin sections of this forum.
(2021-01-25, 13:55)ksooo Wrote: I would ask in the skin sections of this forum.
ok, thank you for all your help. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG data not writing correctly?0